Homebrew Citra - Pokemon Sun/Moon/ORAS/XY Discussion/Troubleshooting

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
wait the acual 3ds cant get 60fps on royal?
Framerate dropped somewhere at 30-45FPS on o3DS and 2DS. N3DS got 40-50FPS. Remember that Sun and Moon have 3GB and I'm sure that unused models like 801 pokemon overworld models(minus the numbers of pokemon that are found in the overworld like your starter in the beginning or Mimikyu) might be the cause of the lag. That's the reason why GF removed the 3D Mode.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For Citra, it can break that point with your processor and Graphic Card.
On my video, a simple sped up would make a 60FPS video like KazoWAR or Shofu.

ileikoranges

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Framerate dropped somewhere at 30-45FPS on o3DS and 2DS. N3DS got 40-50FPS. Remember that Sun and Moon have 3GB and I'm sure that unused models like 801 pokemon overworld models(minus the numbers of pokemon that are found in the overworld like your starter in the beginning or Mimikyu) might be the cause of the lag. That's the reason why GF removed the 3D Mode.

For Citra, it can break that point with your processor and Graphic Card.
On my video, a simple sped up would make a 60FPS video like KazoWAR or Shofu.
oh, understood. So SM dont have 3d cuz the games are so big an detailed. And Pc hardwere can do better than 3ds if the 3ds specs are the reasons for limited fps (such as 4 pokemon or more in a battle)

ileikoranges

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Miguel Gomez im trying to use fraps to limit citra to 30fps so i can speed it up later but i dont know how to double the speed, there is no option is sony vegas pro to make 2x speed, all u can do on sony vegas pro is just change the length of the video to make it playback faser but then the video starts lagging. What do u use to speed up the video and make it seem like 60fps when u limit the fps, i watched kazo wars video on it but he didn't explain how to speed it up.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
@Miguel Gomez im trying to use fraps to limit citra to 30fps so i can speed it up later but i dont know how to double the speed, there is no option is sony vegas pro to make 2x speed, all u can do on sony vegas pro is just change the length of the video to make it playback faser but then the video starts lagging. What do u use to speed up the video and make it seem like 60fps when u limit the fps, i watched kazo wars video on it but he didn't explain how to speed it up.
Let's say that a normal video is on 100. If you multiply it to 2, you will get 2x of the real speed. I used Camtasia and I assume that Sony Vegas used a similar thing as Camtasia.
But if you want an easier one, Movie Maker. It got 2x, 3x, 4x.

ileikoranges

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's say that a normal video is on 100. If you multiply it to 2, you will get 2x of the real speed. I used Camtasia and I assume that Sony Vegas used a similar thing as Camtasia.
But if you want an easier one, Movie Maker. It got 2x, 3x, 4x.
ok yea thx i figured out using move maker, its just movie maker dosnt give me the other editing tools i need, so i have to first speed up the video and render it with movie maker and then render it again with vegas pro to get the video i want. 2 times rendering

Tampy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Anyone know what the past version of Citra supports the battle animations in ORAS? Cause it doesn't seem to work with the latest.

blak24

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys, just registered! I've just beaten the pokemon leauge in Pokemon Sun, the problem is that I got the black screen :( I read about this on page 1, and someone said I had to win the league with 5 pokemon in team at max to not get the black screen. The problem is that I saved before entering the last battle so I can't leave the league to deposit one of the pokemons. What should I do? Any suggestion? Thank you!

EDIT: I was able to solve the problem thanks to PKHeX!

Last edited by blak24,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know what the past version of Citra supports the battle animations in ORAS? Cause it doesn't seem to work with the latest.
A very old bleeding edge build with Geometry Shader. However, it will runs slow.
I know you want to play true Pokemon experience, but there's nothing you can do about it until JayFoxRox rebuild Geometry Shader. Remember, Citra is still in development. It's not yet in a stable version.

Pathz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, can someone give me a link to download that 0.1.86 version? I tried downloading it from citra but somehow it can't run game....

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Well. Game Freak is hiring people to work on Project Pokemon Stars(it's just a codename and not the official title like NX or Project Sonic 2017 or dubbed by fans, Sonic Resistance).
This better be both on the 3DS and Switch.

Anyways, has anyone tried the "Shiny Swap" method in Citra yet? I heard that wrap/unwrap was implemented, so it could mean that reset button works too.

BigBolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does anyone know if i can save someone´s Wifi batltle on my 3ds ?
I know we can make it with our own battles, since they are saved on sd card
But i wonder if i can import my friend's wifi battles to my sd card so i can record videos with citra

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know if i can save someone´s Wifi batltle on my 3ds ?
I know we can make it with our own battles, since they are saved on sd card
But i wonder if i can import my friend's wifi battles to my sd card so i can record videos with citra
You need JK Save Manager and export extdata of Pokemon games. Wifi Replays are save in the extdata. Make sure your friend's 3DS have Homebrew installed.

Reactions: BigBolt

Kakarrot

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I am stuck after Beating the Proffesor.The game goes to black screen and nothing happens.
(I have lots of costume customization,Three pokemons with nicknames,70 pokemons In PC,And Completed It with 6pokemon in active party.
What should I do In order to Not get the black screen?

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
I am stuck after Beating the Proffesor.The game goes to black screen and nothing happens.
(I have lots of costume customization,Three pokemons with nicknames,70 pokemons In PC,And Completed It with 6pokemon in active party.
What should I do In order to Not get the black screen?
Lessen the party.
Which means, you have to get a party of 3-5 instead of 6.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +2
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
  • RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer:
    Beer isnt my thing but a root beer once in a while is good
    it gotta be MUG brand tho
    man i shoulda gotten one to open a cold one with TTYD Remake
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    man, rootbeer is so good
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Think I prefer Barq's to MUG though. But, it's been a while, maybe I need a side by side to refresh my memory lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like Frosties if you see it at the store worth atry
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Hmmm interesting
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking bottled sodas priced more stupid than 12 packs
    yooo might try taht frostie one
    order it onlinen if i have to.