Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

harmoney85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since the recent version of citra from the official site can't play oras on my computer, I've just downloaded another version of citra from here:
https://mega.nz/#!a5YwkBSS!y5-oMzknpt-J4yCnkq_E9Vpsm_W4tmKaBhzSQ10w0jc
Currently, it is the only citra that can play pokemon oras on my computer.
But the problem is, whenever I enter the pokecenter, It freezes. Music slowly plays, but the screen just freezes.
Anyone who can give me a help, Please? I'm desperate.

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i choose never to buy a 3ds again because i like emulation better more features and internal res over all better performance later on and it's fun to test things

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Idk what's wrong with you and Pokemon Center. For me, it worked fine!
BTW @KillzXGaming . Shadowplay isn't recording for me. Just only show FPS.
T1ELLIdr.png

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats with everyone desperately and suddenly want to play Pokemonas if Citra was complete. Sure we have some nice enhancements but surely you wouldn't want to play half the framerate and experience multiple crashes. I can't even play ocarina of time at the current state from the inconsistent non 60fps frame rate. And please stop asking to update it or whatever acting like there is a fix, pokemon will crash either way. Wait 2-5 months and it'll be playable.

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Whats with everyone desperately and suddenly want to play Pokemonas if Citra was complete. Sure we have some nice enhancements but surely you wouldn't want to play half the framerate and experience multiple crashes. I can't even play ocarina of time at the current state from the inconsistent non 60fps frame rate. And please stop asking to update it or whatever acting like there is a fix, pokemon will crash either way. Wait 2-5 months and it'll be playable.

What you say is correct,by waiting for 5 months for working emulator ,like waiting for Sun and Moon , So that We can Play 3 pokemon games simultaneously on citra by November 2016 ! ^_^

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Region is based on hawii...japanese trailer shows it....i think

Same here i so hope that citra is ready by the time pokemon sun and moon come out.....atleast stable enough to play them

Yes,anyway ,i think pokemon fans wish more than that somehow ,maybe they hope to catch 'em all by citra , maybe citra emulator add on some more function like transfer/trade pokemon from oras/x/y/red/blue/yellow VC to Sun & Moon ....You don't think it is possible?If we say about emulator,it should be 100% have the same function like the real 3ds or maybe better than it right? Everything is possible , it is just the matter of time .. ^O^

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
What you say is correct,by waiting for 5 months for working emulator ,like waiting for Sun and Moon , So that We can Play 3 pokemon games simultaneously on citra by November 2016 ! ^_^

Yes,anyway ,i think pokemon fans wish more than that somehow ,maybe they hope to catch 'em all by citra , maybe citra emulator add on some more function like transfer/trade pokemon from oras/x/y/red/blue/yellow VC to Sun & Moon ....You don't think it is possible?If we say about emulator,it should be 100% have the same function like the real 3ds or maybe better than it right? Everything is possible , it is just the matter of time .. ^O^
Umm. There's a thing called "PokeBank" where you can store your Pokemon from Gen 3 - Gen 5(Poke Transfer) to Gen 6. I already stored my Pokemon from Sapphire to PokeBank and I was appreciated by the Game Freak Developers in Lilycove City and rewarded a wonderful decoration for my secret base.

But the problem is that Citra Dev haven't shown or revealed Local Connection and possibly be added once Citra is support on Internet Connection(by using an Alt. Server instead of Nintendo Server just like Dolphin).

So yeah. Also, PokeBank is pretty useless if you try to boot in Citra since it requires Internet Connection to store Pokemon and you gotta have a verified account that cost $5 per year.

It'll be better if you use an actual 3DS and an actual Pokemon Game(like me and my Pokemon Y and Alpha Sapphire and numbers of old consoles and games).

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
In my opinion,It is better to play Sun & Moon on a stable Citra HD as compare to 2ds/3ds/3ds xl , since citra has the capability to play in large screen,better HD scaled resolution , and last but not least ,the most impressive characteristic of emulator , which is SPEEDING ! Pokemons fans used to speed up their games for their long journey ,so,trust me,it is worth for waiting for Citra 3DS , Bravo ! anyway,just my point of view,you may share your opinion and correct me if i was wrong (- v -)

Umm. There's a thing called "PokeBank" where you can store your Pokemon from Gen 3 - Gen 5(Poke Transfer) to Gen 6. I already stored my Pokemon from Sapphire to PokeBank and I was appreciated by the Game Freak Developers in Lilycove City and rewarded a wonderful decoration for my secret base.

But the problem is that Citra Dev haven't shown or revealed Local Connection and possibly be added once Citra is support on Internet Connection(by using an Alt. Server instead of Nintendo Server just like Dolphin).

So yeah. Also, PokeBank is pretty useless if you try to boot in Citra since it requires Internet Connection to store Pokemon and you gotta have a verified account that cost $5 per year.

It'll be better if you use an actual 3DS and an actual Pokemon Game(like me and my Pokemon Y and Alpha Sapphire and numbers of old consoles and games).

That is why i don't mention pokebank , bcoz it has pros and cons in addition the difficulty for implementation by Citra Dev....... anyway ,even we cannot transfer pokemon from each other games with different gen,it doesn't means we can't catch 'em all, remember the pokemon Geo X & Y , which may catch 'em all in 1 game ,so, i just wonder whether there are people out there are ready to make or add another 3DS Pokemon hack version for the upcoming sun & moon , i am sure right after the release of that original game and then somebody will try to do that........anyway,it is too early to say about that.......

Last edited by X Virus,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
In my opinion,It is better to play Sun & Moon on a stable Citra HD as compare to 2ds/3ds/3ds xl , since citra has the capability to play in large screen,better HD scaled resolution , and last but not least ,the most impressive characteristic of emulator , which is SPEEDING ! Pokemons fans used to speed up their games for their long journey ,so,trust me,it is worth for waiting for Citra 3DS , Bravo ! anyway,just my point of view,you may share your opinion and correct me if i was wrong (- v -)

That is why i don't mention pokebank , bcoz it has pros and cons in addition the difficulty for implementation by Citra Dev....... anyway ,even we cannot transfer pokemon from each other games with different gen,it doesn't means we can't catch 'em all, remember the pokemon Geo X & Y , which may catch 'em all in 1 game ,so, i just wonder whether there are people out there are ready to make or add another 3DS Pokemon hack version for the upcoming sun & moon , i am sure right after the release of that original game and then somebody will try to do that........anyway,it is too early to say about that.......
Well. Funny how my friend replace the title screen of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire to Pokemon Moon. There was a picture few pages ago. But I forgot where.

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Well. Funny how my friend replace the title screen of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire to Pokemon Moon. There was a picture few pages ago. But I forgot where.

Hey Guys ! In your opinion, which pokemon game is the first game that we are going to " Play " in Novermber 2016 if a stable Citra had been fully accomplished ? I think the trend will be mostly they choose to play Sun & Moon first ,and then oras/x/y . ^ v ^

Last edited by X Virus,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys ! In your opinion, which pokemon game is the first game that we are going to " Play " in Novermber 2016 if a stable Citra had been fully accomplished ? I think the trend will be mostly they will choose to play Sun & Moon first ,and then oras/x/y . ^ v ^
Well. Better start with Gen 7 first and possibly, make a Let's Play video of Sun and Moon.

Testing the Fullscreen Feature!
I hope this will have a button to switch screens.

harmoney85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Idk what's wrong with you and Pokemon Center. For me, it worked fine!
BTW @KillzXGaming . Shadowplay isn't recording for me. Just only show FPS.
T1ELLIdr.png
Can I ask you the spec of your computer? Is it window 10? Is you graphic card nvidia geforce series?
My computer is windows 7 and graphic card is intel.
I want to know the difference between my computer and yours that makes you play it without any problem.

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Well. Better start with Gen 7 first and possibly, make a Let's Play video of Sun and Moon.

Yes , but before that , i hope pokemon S & M's news should be leaked frequently since they have almost 6 months to go before the release date but at this moment , only 6 pokemons are confirmed if i not mistaken , if we look back to pokemon x & y , mega-mewtwo Y , 3 starters ,legendaries,new mega pokemons,etc 's news had been release almost 1 year( 9 months earlier if not mistaken) before the games came to market . Then, we just been informed by early of this year that new gen are going to release.....Then, they keep on delaying the announcement of any pokemon news before their first trailer on 3 starters and 2 legendaries ,anyway , surprise coming afterwards , actually gamefreak focus on developing the region/map ,buildings,landscapes and whatsoever first before they think off adding what new pokemons , Good Job ! In Gen 6 ,nothing special but just the so called "Mega" ,and i hope they can build a real 3DS pokemon games which look like other 3ds games ,which fully utilising the functions of that console to give players the feeling of "Addicted" to pokemon S & M , since what we can seen from previous gen,pokemon games seems like deteriorating from gen to gen ( don't take in consideration of colour , graphic,musics),especially the storyline .......

Can I ask you the spec of your computer? Is it window 10? Is you graphic card nvidia geforce series?
My computer is windows 7 and graphic card is intel.
I want to know the difference between my computer and yours that makes you play it without any problem.

I think he did mention his pc spec right from every posting ,is it correct? which is :

PC Specs:
Processor - Intel Core i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 940M

Actually you may refer the first page of this forum or citra official website to find out more informations, but for your question, it doesn't matter which window(7 or 8 or 8.1 or 10), as long as your graphic card support opengl at least 3.3 ,then, your pc most probably able to run the 3ds games with citra ,unless the game is not yet playable at this moment ,but ,don't forget, most of the 3ds game is not yet playable on citra emulator at this moments,but it was bootable ,including pokemons .........

Testing the Fullscreen Feature!
I hope this will have a button to switch screens.

Hey,may i know this new build solve the tricky bug or error in ORAS? Leo121 afraid off someone keep on stealing his build so we need to ask permission by pm him for that build?

Last edited by X Virus,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes , but before that , i hope pokemon S & M's news should be leaked frequently since they have almost 6 months to go before the release date but at this moment , only 6 pokemons are confirmed if i not mistaken , if we look back to pokemon x & y , mega-mewtwo Y , 3 starters ,legendaries,new mega pokemons,etc 's news had been release almost 1 year( 9 months earlier if not mistaken) before the games came to market . Then, we just been informed by early of this year that new gen are going to release.....Then, they keep on delaying the announcement of any pokemon news before their first trailer on 3 starters and 2 legendaries ,anyway , surprise coming afterwards , actually gamefreak focus on developing the region/map ,buildings,landscapes and whatsoever first before they think off adding what new pokemons , Good Job ! In Gen 6 ,nothing special but just the so called "Mega" ,and i hope they can build a real 3DS pokemon games which look like other 3ds games ,which fully utilising the functions of that console to give players the feeling of "Addicted" to pokemon S & M , since what we can seen from previous gen,pokemon games seems like deteriorating from gen to gen ( don't take in consideration of colour , graphic,musics),especially the storyline .......

Hey,may i know this new build solve the tricky bug or error in ORAS? Leo121 afraid off someone keep on stealing his build so we need to ask permission by pm him for that build?
Yup. But pretty soon like next month or 2. However, you can't bypass Rustboro. I tried @KillzXGaming 's Woods Fix V2 save in any old custom builds(before Scaled Resolution or Geometr Shader were added) and it's still useless.

Re_deleteR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well. The rom hack is a hack where the tracks are change.
For example: The Standard MK7 Mario Circuit is replace by MKDS Mario Circuit. Same goes to the rest.
The best thing about this rom hack is that you can input your own track there.
Wow! Definitely will look for the hack, whats the name of it?

Re_deleteR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering if it would be possible to play the demo of pokemon or/as and transfer mega glaile to the full game on citra either right now or maybe in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only Xbox I don't have is the OG, and One X model specifically, I regret giving my chipped OG model to one of my kids years ago, after later hearing he sold it to pawn shop, damn kids!
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, You shouldn't raise Fortnite gamers.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have they own kids now that will pay them back for all the things they did to me, that's how it works, Karma.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell their kids about pawn shops
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol I still got mw2 open beta on this ps4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just recently picked up a n64 from a garage sell, and looking to mod it and add a HDMI port to it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3548173115...044&customid=4f3038da73b61afddf7e5e90f4153856
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd like to find a power strip and HDMI selector built in 1 unit, so I can select which game system I want, and will switch to that hdmi, and power on that plug/power supply only, so don't have all game systems powered all the time, but can't find anything like. May just have to make something myself.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe start a kick starter page and sell them, yea right. Big N would prob C&D me, not anything Big N related, but just because that's what they do nowdays. Then come out with they own in a year or so.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nice. Which operating system are you installing?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, windows 10 and some linux distro like linux mint
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    dualbooth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: User Gates "Disliked" your answer.