Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why do you want to display one screen. the defeats the purpose of it being a 3ds emulator

if it is merging both screens

https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/issues/627

Besides it sort of defeating the purpose of an authentic 3DS emulator, it also would be horribly difficult to maintain for different games. Every 3DS games uses the bottom screen differently, so it would be hell trying to get everything to fit nicely in one "screen".

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why do you want to display one screen. the defeats the purpose of it being a 3ds emulator

It definitely doesn't seem like a very hard thing to do using user defined perimeters, just copy the rendered picture from below above, then take touch input from the top screen.

Maybe not this early on.

kangaroogreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I was actually thinking more of how Desmume handles it, where once a hotkey is pressed it will cycle through:

-Top and bottom screen
-Top Only
-Bottom Only

This way if someone wanted to have a fullscreen top screen, they could just switch to the bottom when they would need it.

Reactions: Margen67 and Celice

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was actually thinking more of how Desmume handles it, where once a hotkey is pressed it will cycle through:

-Top and bottom screen
-Top Only
-Bottom Only

This way if someone wanted to have a fullscreen top screen, they could just switch to the bottom when they would need it.
Yeah, I'd love that too. But I gotta say I'm very impressed! Tried citra with OoT yesterday and I almost couldn't believe my eyes haha. Already looking so good and running pretty well too.
Np what the best utility and easier way of doing this?
See here: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/Decryption

Reactions: Margen67

kangaroogreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And Cave Story 3D has that glitch where the bottom overlays the top fixed! Nice job!

lY4wf3y.png
tuX6bQZ.png
e4sT34u.png

Unfortunately the trade-off removed HD rendering and some speed, but eh, getting things working comes before enhancements.

Reactions: Margen67

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if this sounds stupid, but I had a thought come to me last night about this.

So, you know how there's homebrew programs for the PSP and DS that allow you to use your system as a PC controller? I was wondering, would there be any possible way to, through a combination of a setting on this emulator and a corresponding homebrew program on a 3DS, that would allow you to use the 3DS as a PC controller, control the game running on the emulator, and use the touch screen on the system to control the touch functions on the emulator?

The reason that I think something like this would be a neat idea is because of the HD upscaling the emulator can do(could, now that I see the post above, but I figure that will be brought back at some point). If you only displayed one screen, and made it full-screen, you could use the 3DS itself for the bottom screen, and play your games in full HD.

No, this isn't a feature request or anything like that. I figure something like this would be rather complex and unlikely to actually be done. I was just curious if this would be possible, or if it's just a stupid idea that wouldn't work in the first place.

Reactions: TsukiyoX

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Forgive me if this sounds stupid, but I had a thought come to me last night about this.

So, you know how there's homebrew programs for the PSP and DS that allow you to use your system as a PC controller? I was wondering, would there be any possible way to, through a combination of a setting on this emulator and a corresponding homebrew program on a 3DS, that would allow you to use the 3DS as a PC controller, control the game running on the emulator, and use the touch screen on the system to control the touch functions on the emulator?

The reason that I think something like this would be a neat idea is because of the HD upscaling the emulator can do(could, now that I see the post above, but I figure that will be brought back at some point). If you only displayed one screen, and made it full-screen, you could use the 3DS itself for the bottom screen, and play your games in full HD.

No, this isn't a feature request or anything like that. I figure something like this would be rather complex and unlikely to actually be done. I was just curious if this would be possible, or if it's just a stupid idea that wouldn't work in the first place.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-controller.375443/ :)

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, yes I suppose that works to an extent, but from the videos, it appears that you can't see anything on the 3DS screens. That's the thing. If you were to have the top screen fullscreen-ed on the computer monitor, you would need to be able to see what you're doing on the bottom screen of the 3DS. That's what I was asking about. Is there a way to potentially do something like the 3DS-Controller program, but while streaming the emulated game video to the screens of the 3DS at the same time?

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, yes I suppose that works to an extent, but from the videos, it appears that you can't see anything on the 3DS screens. That's the thing. If you were to have the top screen fullscreen-ed on the computer monitor, you would need to be able to see what you're doing on the bottom screen of the 3DS. That's what I was asking about. Is there a way to potentially do something like the 3DS-Controller program, but while streaming the emulated game video to the screens of the 3DS at the same time?

That's a really long stretch. I wouldn't bet on it ever happening.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, new to the topic, this looks very interesting, is it still being worked on? I wonder if there are plans to get DSi games to work too in the future.

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
It is still being worked on.

But this is a 3DS emulator, not a DS or DSi emulator.
DSi is more similar to DS than it is to 3DS, so you should look out for developments in those sorts of emulators. E.g. Nocash has partial DSi support.

Videogamer555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
COOL! I'd like to try it out. Unfortunately only the source code is being made available currently. I don't know how to compile it. Could somebody do me a favor and compile me a copy, and upload to Mediafire or other similar file hosting site, and then post the download link here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...