Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Earlier today, I've been investigating why Pokemon outlines fail. I do have a working solution but it's pretty slow and hacky code.
I'm not going to integrate it probably as I don't know if it causes regressions and I'm not sure how to best convert between texture formats.

The reason for the whole thing is related to 2 bugs / missing features in texture forwarding:
  1. The depth buffer (D24S8) is used as a RGBA8 texture. That means that the cached texture is first flushed (which is slow and happens at least once per frame!) and then reuploaded (in reduced resolution = pixelation). My solution is to download the depth buffer to the CPU (very slow + it happens twice as the original copy is also necessary), then re-upload it as RGBA8 in the original size. This basicly cuts my framerate in half so it's not a good solution yet.
    (I also had an alternative solution where I used the depth buffer correctly. OpenGL will then interpret the data differently (= small visual errors) but it boosts performance by 5-10 FPS as we can avoid all flushes.)
  2. The other issue is that the Stencil buffer is not cleared correctly (causing lines where they shouldn't be). It looks like the texture cache is cleared correctly, but the texture is instead uploaded from memory again (where it wasn't cleared). My solution is to clear both copies of the texture (which is probably a sane configuration anyway).
    I'm not sure why this happens yet though.
Obligatory images OR/AS (Master / Prototype):

ejjPCsT.png

6et3ewN.png

Bonus images S/M (Master / Prototype) - thanks to Leo121:

vKgYT3T.png

uksDwxv.png

The code is temporarily hosted at https://github.com/JayFoxRox/citra/commits/pockeymans .
PLEASE DO NOT RELEASE BUILDS WITH THAT CODE. IT'S PURELY FOR FIGURING OUT THE CAUSE OF THE ISSUE.

Note that I had to test on AS as I don't have access to the other Pokemon games yet.
I'm assuming this will fix a lot of games though (other Pokemon games included.).
so_good.png

I wonder if other games with that issue might work like Hyrule Warriors or Dragonball.
But anyways, can't wait for the PR to be stable.

redlion13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea u need a cheat for that just put in a cheat and put this in the description of cheat and turn it on and tell me if it works.

1041B748 0000F000
1041B74A 0000E320
D2000000 00000000

you will also get an fps boost

im new at this and i have a dumb question, where do i input the code in the bleeding engine of citra? i couldn't find it like it was on desume emilator

ileikoranges

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im new at this and i have a dumb question, where do i input the code in the bleeding engine of citra? i couldn't find it like it was on desume emilator
start the game, go to emulation, then cheats, then add cheat, name it whatever, and in description put that code, hit the check mark, click save and save and restart the game your playing.

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
well they should implement it, i dont use official too much
Cheats was part of bleeding edge but there are merge conflicts with it right now and the author hasn't updated it. Your'e using an older build that didn't have any merge conflicts at the time. See this post from the Citra forum for more info.

ileikoranges

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheats was part of bleeding edge but there are merge conflicts with it right now and the author hasn't updated it. Your'e using an older build that didn't have any merge conflicts at the time. See this post from the Citra forum for more info.
im using damish's 11/26 build, its the fastest, unofficial tho but anyone know why its faster.

Dragios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
For those who want the latest nightly build (as of commit 4f0f88b), here you go
https://github.com/Dragios/Citra/releases

Includes both MSVC and MinGW build together with the source code. I wanna personally thank @jroweboy for creating the appveyor.yml script for my reference.

Additional commit
  • mingw branch by jroweboy
Disclaimer: This build is not from the Citra Team but is build by me voluntarily based on the official code from Citra Nightly.

Last edited by Dragios,
Reactions: arima0k

jroweboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe @jroweboy has something to do with ? If so, you can thank him, I just monitor the page for changes :ph34r:
I'm just thanking you for the information,That's right now using Nightly builds fullscreen mode.

Nope. I was moving them to bintray.... But. Um. This is rather unexpected lol. The server owner has been offline for a while and apparently they just started coming back online? I dunno we need to figure this out first before we put it back on the page. I wouldn't recommend going around and spreading this until we actually know whats going on

To check out my nightly builds test you can see them here.

https://bintray.com/jroweboy/citra-test-jroweboy/citra-nightly#files/

(They aren't actually nightlies as they are built from my copy of citra, and i don't keep master up to date. its just to test it all out.)

Reactions: NiagA

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nope. I was moving them to bintray.... But. Um. This is rather unexpected lol. The server owner has been offline for a while and apparently they just started coming back online? I dunno we need to figure this out first before we put it back on the page. I wouldn't recommend going around and spreading this until we actually know whats going on

To check out my nightly builds test you can see them here.

https://bintray.com/jroweboy/citra-test-jroweboy/citra-nightly#files/

(They aren't actually nightlies as they are built from my copy of citra, and i don't keep master up to date. its just to test it all out.)
It's down again, this is really strange. I've downloaded the "citra-latest-windows-amd64.7z" from there, it's the build updated to this point https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/commit/e279a6955edf644cf832dd329ac72931aea8add7 (3 hours ago). Someone could try to contact the owner to see if this is some "spark of life" or nothing at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it