Homebrew ciso vs iso

jonahman3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soooo my friend taught me how to download games via [deleted by staff] and homebrew, but I'm finding a lot of ciso games and I can't seem to add them to my hardrive via wbfs. It seems I can only do iso games.

What exactly is the difference between ciso and iso? Is there a way to convert them?

Thanks

Jonah

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
no you cant convert ciso to iso (i dont think). your best method maybe transferring to the hard drive, and then extracting it as iso. ciso is just a compressed version of the iso which is supposed to save space when you transfer it over to your harddrive via a wbfs manager. its best that you use 'WBFS Manager' or 'ncWBFStool'. those 2 are probably the best managers ive seen around.

Reactions: Margen67

jonahman3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how to extract a ciso....there doesn't seem to be any command for that.

I'd try a Wii Backup Manager if there was one for Mac. I'm currently using wbfs but there doesn't seem to be a command to extract a ciso there either. i looked up ncwbfstool but that seems to be PC only as well.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vegemikee said:
no you cant convert ciso to iso (i dont think).
Yes, you can.
QUOTE(jonahman3000 @ Dec 8 2009, 03:07 AM) I don't know how to extract a ciso....there doesn't seem to be any command for that.

I'd try a Wii Backup Manager if there was one for Mac. I'm currently using wbfs but there doesn't seem to be a command to extract a ciso there either. i looked up ncwbfstool but that seems to be PC only as well.
Crossover, Darwine, Parallels, VMWare Fusion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?