ciso vs iso

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by jonahman3000, Dec 5, 2009.

1. jonahman3000
    OP

jonahman3000 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2009
    United States
    Soooo my friend taught me how to download games via [deleted by staff] and homebrew, but I'm finding a lot of ciso games and I can't seem to add them to my hardrive via wbfs. It seems I can only do iso games.

What exactly is the difference between ciso and iso? Is there a way to convert them?

Thanks

Jonah

2. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    i'd remove were to download them but anyways ciso is compressed and ISO, iso may not be, i normally use Wbfs Inteligent to store them either as ciso or iso

3. vegemikee

vegemikee GBAtemp Fan

Aug 17, 2008
    no you cant convert ciso to iso (i dont think). your best method maybe transferring to the hard drive, and then extracting it as iso. ciso is just a compressed version of the iso which is supposed to save space when you transfer it over to your harddrive via a wbfs manager. its best that you use 'WBFS Manager' or 'ncWBFStool'. those 2 are probably the best managers ive seen around.

Margen67 likes this.
  4. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
  5. jonahman3000
    OP

jonahman3000 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2009
    United States
    I don't know how to extract a ciso....there doesn't seem to be any command for that.

I'd try a Wii Backup Manager if there was one for Mac. I'm currently using wbfs but there doesn't seem to be a command to extract a ciso there either. i looked up ncwbfstool but that seems to be PC only as well.

6. mousex

mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2009
    United States
    Crossover, Darwine, Parallels, VMWare Fusion

7. Wiimm

Wiimm Developer

Aug 11, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    I asked many times before: Is there any specification about cios?
    What is "cios" in technical details?

8. blopa

blopa GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2009
    Brazil
    how?