cISO USB2 + sysmenu 4.0 update

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ZombiePosessor, Mar 29, 2009.

Mar 29, 2009
  1. ZombiePosessor
    OP

Member ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hello all.

First of all, I'm running 3.2U Wii with Wiikey1 1.9s. I have cIOS36 installed, but haven't done the cIOS for usb2 yet. I want to upgrade to 4.0 for the SD thing.

I have Starfall, but I'm not dependent on it. I just want to know, when I upgrade to 4.0, through whatever method, will I get usb2.0 support, or is that thru the cIOS2.0 installer only?

If I install cIOS usb2.0, and then update my Wii to 4.0, will it work, or is installing cIOS usb 2.0 unnecessary?

Also, what is the difference in this guide: http://www.yafaze.com/wii/menu4.0hack.html

There seem to be two different ways to update to 4.0, Waninkoko's way, which I assume only installs the needed files, not ALL of the new IOSs like Ninty's update. I'm assuming the best way is NOT Waninkoko's way? I'm assuming that the better method is to have all the IOS's up-to-date. Waninkoko's keeps Trucha, Ninty's does not. Or is there something I'm not seeing here?

The only thing I'm worried about is 4.0 being able to auto-update or something, without my knowledge. I've searched around gbatemp and have come to the conclusion that this will NOT happen...

TIA

2. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    usb 2.0 is stored in IOS202 (I believe) and won't be removed when you install systemu menu 4.0. You can install it either before or after upgrading the system menu.

3. ZombiePosessor
    OP

Member ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sweet, thank you for the help

4. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    i had to run ios downgrader before i could iunstall usb2
    not sure if that does anything negative or not.

5. kvp1192

Newcomer kvp1192 Member

United States
    i have a question, if you install CIOS rev 8, or whatever the newest one from waninkoko is, and then install cISO USB2, would the usb2 cios overwrite waninkokos, or would they just stack on top of each other and let me use the functions of both?

6. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    No, the USB ios is ios202 I think, whereas Waninkoko's rev08 is 36.

7. blitzer320

Member blitzer320 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    cios rev 8 is based on 36 but stored in 249 and usb2 is based on cios and stored on 202 they can be installed seprately and can not replace one another this is the reason kwirk wrote usb2 to install on 202 because he did not want it to interfere with ciosrev8

8. funnystory

Banned funnystory Banned

United States
    So which method is better ninty or wanin?I mostly use cioscorp with brick blocker.