Circumvent For Glory Hell?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Silent Hell, May 8, 2017.

1. Silent Hell
    OP

Silent Hell GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2015
    United States
    Chicagoland area
    Pretty self explanatory. I've been softbanned by Nintendo in Smash 4 for 3DS despite playing the game as intended. Can anyone tell me how they're flagging accounts and possible ways to circumvent it?

Mhps11 likes this.
  2. Mhps11

Mhps11 Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    Brazil
    As far as I know, you can't do anything to prevent it, cause people can get you banned for no reason, they just need to report you enough. Sorry buddy. (Also, is this the right place for this kind of question? Just asking, I dunno exactly)

Silent Hell likes this.
  3. Silent Hell
    OP

Jul 12, 2015
    United States
    Chicagoland area
    I'm not sure either. But posting questions in the tutorial section is against rules.

4. Mhps11

Mhps11 Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    Brazil
    I guess someone will answer it soon, or even a mod, before deleting this thread (if it is posted in the wrong place, that is). But yeah, like I said, I think you can't do anything to prevent it, except maybe to play with friends. Maybe you could make a post hosting a "hub", so you can add other people and you all play together? As for where to post it, idk, sorry, but maybe it'd be easy to find a forum that allows it, or maybe one entirely dedicated to that. It takes time and patience, but it's better than playing in FGH I guess.

5. Silent Hell
    OP

Jul 12, 2015
    United States
    Chicagoland area
    It's not that playing FGH is bad because I enjoy the challenge from other more serious players but I have to wait 5 mins+ just to get a game.

6. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    This should be posted in "3DS - Games & Content"

7. Silent Hell
    OP

Jul 12, 2015
    United States
    Chicagoland area
    Er, sorry. I was confused as to where I should put this because I was hoping there would be a homebrew method of unbanning it somehow.

8. chrisrlink

chrisrlink your friendly neighborhood serial killer

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Elm street
    no all bans are on nintendo's servers NOT your unit if it was ppl would be unbanning themselves all the time and i think it's done by console ID (hard coded but can be spoofed but needs a donor (or victim if your evil) not banned 3ds unless nintendo found a way to detect spoofed console id's but doubt it

9. Treeko

Treeko GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2012
    Is it a multiplayer only ban or you can't access the eshop either? If its a multiplayer only ban then you can unban yourself if you have a 3DS with A9LH.

10. Mhps11

Mhps11 Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    Brazil
    I feel ya, it's horrible. It's common for people with shit internet to be reported, too, so I always had a hard time. Also, chrislink, don't they actually ban your Nintendo Account?

11. Treeko

Treeko GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2012
    He's probably overexaggerating the ban, I wouldn't expect them to be handing out console bans so easily, its probably just a 15 day ban they issue for breaking rules or playing a pirated game with a public header.

12. Mhps11

Mhps11 Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    Brazil
    He isn't banned from playing, he is in what we call the For Glory Hell, which in we just get people with shit internet basically, and you have to wait a LOT to find a match, and sometimes it's with the same player. And dude, you can be softbanned for no reason, salty peeps just need to report ya.

13. Silent Hell
    OP

Jul 12, 2015
    United States
    Chicagoland area
    Pretty much what Mhps11 said. It's a soft ban which takes ages to find a match because you are only paired with individuals with the same issue. Guess this is what I get for being a Bayonetta main. :P

Mhps11 likes this.