Circle pad lubricant???

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Obi123, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Obi123
    OP

Obi123 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2014
    Sunderland, UK
    Hi

I just noticed that all 2 new 3ds/ new 3dsxl have sandy grainy circle pads. They are alot less smooth than my old 3ds which I bough from launch. Is it normal? Because they are from different markets. The N3dsXL is from US and the small one is from EU.

Is there any lubricant that can be applied to those circle pads? I also need it for my PSP old analog stick. Silicon or anything?

Thanks!

2. riggs

riggs GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    Lincs
    That's kinda weird...the first thing I noticed about my n3DS was how much smoother the circle pad felt compared to my old launch model 3DS.

You could try a small squirt of switch cleaner (Servisol brand in the UK) and see how it feels. If it's still grindy then yeah, maybe silicone lube would do the trick.

Obi123 likes this.
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I agree, I noticed this as well, but I think it's just because the circle pad gets worn over time and starts feeling gritty, so it will feel better on a brand new console. Friction will do that over time, and there's no way to avoid it except lube it up.

Obi123 likes this.
  4. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Silicon grease is the thing that's usually recommended. I got some for the creaky dpad on my old 3ds, seemed to work pretty good.

Obi123 likes this.
  5. Obi123
    OP

Obi123 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2014
    Sunderland, UK
    Any brand in particular?

6. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    No idea, I just found some on eBay.