Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Link5084 said:
What is the easter egg?
Possibly it's just "Take on me" (the new song).

It's something else.
dang man if you know tell us.. somepeople have ocd and seriously bugging the shit out of them self... this sounds stupid but i woke up out of a dead sleep thinking about the egg

patientx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys this is great ! My Wii's usb port was damaged and I havent been able to use usb hdd's for a while, so I had to play from sd cards. The problem was if I wanted to play with guitar or mic. I had no way of using them with my sdhc with etiher ios249 or hermes'. I tried countless different combinations merges etc. Until now, I had given hope on ever playing again guitar hero type games and MHtri
frown.gif
. And yesterday I saw 249 with 56 base seems to be working with people for everything. I just tried and .. it worked great ! I am now loading everything from sdhc , games homebrew etc.. And finally I was able to run new green day rock band
smile.gif
So, in short : If you use 249rev20 with 56 base, you can load and play everything (probably everything you could from usb hdd) only from sdhc !!!

Thank you Waninkoko ! You saved my music gaming life
smile.gif

Edit: I just tried monster hunter tri it works with this too !!!

nissen22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twig123 said:
Dr. Clipper said:
I'm pretty positive the song in rev20 is the original version of 'Take on me' by A-Ha, not the cover by A.C. Newman.
lol, a-ha is from norwa(my home country) but anyway, i think the easter egg might have something to do with that launch mios thingy...

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
I am softmodding a mates Wii! Any idea why after installing Cios Rev20 it breaks Hermes Cios 222 Installer? I just keep getting hash bad! I had this problem on my Wii too after installing Rev20!

Should I install Rev 17 then install Hermes 222 and finally reinstall Rev 20?

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@luminalace

Just use the .wad files instead of running the installer. You can find these in the modify any wii guide or in NUSAD.

codiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@luminalace: if you are useing the online installation, try to delete the ios folder in the root of the sd and run the hermes installer again.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monster Hunter Tri [US-NTSC] working (without lag it seems) on PAL-Wii 4.2E as well as Metroid Prime Trilogy, both with base 37. With base 57, only MP1 worked - others didn't. Also, MH3 didn't work with 57.

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TheShadowRunner said:
Is there any serious comparaison out there testing the speed of the different bases?
I'm still extremely skeptical at IOS57 being faster (loading games faster) than good'ol IOS 38.
Any proof/numbers/test results highly welcome.
Thanks,

TSR

I think the speed is not the advantage, or it would be just a few milliseconds.
The upside of base57 is compatibillaty (

D

Deleted member 180466

luminalace said:
GHBAimen said:
kupo3000 said:
Which IOS base is the best choice for disc users?

IOS38

I dunno base 56 seems to work with everything for me on Neo Gamma and USB Loader!

Yeah, I know that base 56 is the best IOS for USB Loader but for disc users have I no idea. Somebody want to test which one is best for disc users?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
harveychan said:
WiiPower said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Link5084 said:
What is the easter egg?

It's something else.
dang man if you know tell us.. somepeople have ocd and seriously bugging the shit out of them self... this sounds stupid but i woke up out of a dead sleep thinking about the egg
Read:
http://gbatemp.net/t243453-ciosx-rev20-rel...t&p=3018666
http://gbatemp.net/t243453-ciosx-rev20-rel...t&p=3018683
http://gbatemp.net/t243453-ciosx-rev20-rel...t&p=3018686
http://gbatemp.net/t243453-ciosx-rev20-rel...t&p=3018696

We still don't know what triggers it (a timer is surely involved, but I dunno when it starts) and what it actually does by launching MIOS.

dynmosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hetfield said:
IOS36 -> required by most homebrew and games = not needed, its already enabled with IOS236
IOS37 -> Required for music games and Monster Hunter Tri, WiiSpeak = until now this was mostly chosen in IOS250
IOS38 -> Enhanced DVD-R support, Microphones incl. hub for 2 mics. = until now standard choice for IOS249
IOS53 -> WiiFit Plus
IOS55 -> WiiSpeak, and several newer games that give error #002 without it
IOS56 -> used by Beatles Rock Band and Super Mario Galazy 2 ??? Super mario galaxy works fine with IOS249rev19[38 and 57]
IOS57 -> Enhanced USB Support, possibly ethernet support
IOS60 -> SDHC Support
IOS61 -> SDHC Support
IOS70 -> SDHC Support
IOS80 -> SDHC Support

IOS58 -> USB Motion Camera Support (Such as My Shape, Sports Resort, Sports Resort Party)

Under the new Rev 20, can these games be loaded via USBLoader and still make use of the camera?

Currently, I have already ISO58 installed, I have tested under rev 19, these games works(both the game loads and camera works) when loaded with the original disc, however, as soon as I have loaded these games using any of the loaders (such as USBLoader GX, uLoader, WiiFlow, cfgloader), the game can load, but the camera won't light up.

Just wondering whether the new rev 2x with enhanced USB support will help USB camera loading.

oakwind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version of ios 57 are you guys using?

And what is the ffs plug-in? I searched and couldn't find anything.

T

TheRealVisitor

dynmosaic said:
Just wondering whether the new rev 2x with enhanced USB support will help USB camera loading.

I don't think that any new cIOS can do anything about this since the USBCam don't likes the other USBPort to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O Dude.. Lets not get into that. plz :mellow: