Hacking cIOSX rev19 released

Dr. Hobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, when I load brawl from a hdd it takes 17% less time on r19 than it did on r17 from when I click the game to getting to the start menu (30 seconds on r17 and 25 on r19). It's not a huge improvement but it is faster.

Kamina84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this question is being repeated. I currently have Cios 14 with a 4.2 firmware, latest HBC, and Startpatch (Block Disc Updates). I would like to update to cios 19. Someone already said cios "breaks" Wad Manager 1.5; however what about Wad Manager 1.6 ?

http://www.newskeen.com/modules.php?name=F...wtopic&t=83

The guy said he had Wan's source code and just compiled it. Thanks.
biggrin.gif

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
USB loading is slightly faster than Hermes v4 38+37 with FAT32 cfg55b3. I noticed it while starting up Modern Warfare and the "Loading..." screens scrolled the ... once as apposed to twice with Hermes v4. Have yet to test against Hermes v5 57.

Det1re

det1re.de
OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dr. Hobo said:
For me, when I load brawl from a hdd it takes 17% less time on r19 than it did on r17 from when I click the game to getting to the start menu (30 seconds on r17 and 25 on r19). It's not a huge improvement but it is faster.
It's NOT a huge improvement!? It is.

dipswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and upgraded from rev17 to rev19. Then quickly reverted back to rev17. First thing I noticed was after installing rev19 as either 38 or 57 base was that I could not initialize my hdd within HBC. Every once in awhile if I turn power off then reseat the usb cable it would initialize ok. I went back to rev17 and HBC will initialize the hdd every time. So for now I'm sticking with rev17.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And i think the reason to use IOS57 as base instead of using IOS38 is that it plays more games and is reported to work well for games using wifi.

arevir711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently use cios 249 r17 and hermes v4 with usb loader gx r919. I use a wbfs partition for gaming and sdhc for apps on HBC. I haven't had many issues aside from the occasional stack dump and freezing during game startup. I've been reading quite a bit about rev19 release and want to upgrade. If i install 19 should i also upgrade hermes v5? and if so should rev19 be installed with ios57 as base? or 38 im just worried about wad manager not working. another thing is how can i avoid having my hard drive wiped like others i have read about?

Any help is greatly appreciate. Thanks! =)

wiiNivek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will 249 ever include a "merge 37 and 38" type option for ios 57? would that make USB saving in NeoGamma work with instruments in RB2, etc. For now, I guess 222/223 will be the way to go.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
And i think the reason to use IOS57 as base instead of using IOS38 is that it plays more games and is reported to work well for games using wifi.
That might be true. I played Modern Warfare last night and it seemed way more responsive. I got a lot more kills and a lot less deaths than I was getting before. Or perhaps a break from the game was needed because I hadn't played in a couple weeks. lol. Anyone else notice anything different for games using wifi?

alexdodd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right i'm a little confused i tend to leave my wii till a few big ios releases come along then upgrade everything all at once. Sheer laziness i assume. Having installed hermes quite easily. I've installed rev 19 base 57 to 249, but can't see a (simple) way to just install rev19 base 37 (for music games just for DLC testing) to 250? Anyone care to enlighten me?

D

Deleted User

alexdodd said:
Right i'm a little confused i tend to leave my wii till a few big ios releases come along then upgrade everything all at once. Sheer laziness i assume. Having installed hermes quite easily. I've installed rev 19 base 57 to 249, but can't see a (simple) way to just install rev19 base 37 (for music games just for DLC testing) to 250? Anyone care to enlighten me?

EDIT: was wrong, think you need to pack it as a wad or something.
happy.gif
there are a few posts on the subject I think.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After installing CIOS rev19, My wii lost it's ability to connect to the net. Any ideas on how to fix this? If I have to go back to rev18 I will.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cIOS 249 being installed has nothing to do with the Wii connecting to the internet.

unless you have priiloader running under IOS 249, which you shouldnt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...