Hacking cIOSX rev 19 black screen

disguy05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been searching and I can't find an answer but when I try to run cIOSX rev 19 the screen just stays black. I've tried downloading from different sources and same result. Another one i found would load up to 93% and just freeze. I've been using links that have been posted on this site, so I'm not sure what the problem is when everyone else seems to have them working. I currently have r14 installed.

disguy05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant i'm trying to run the cIOSx rev 19 installer. The files I get either load to a black screen or load to 93% and freeze.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Redownload the installer. If it's freezing before you even load it it's probably a HBC corruption or the app. Are you streaming it over network?

disguy05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not streaming it, I was going to do offline installation and I have the necessary wad files. I've redownloaded the installer 10+ times and it still just loads and gives me a black screen. Do I need something else installed before running the installer or something?

disguy05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to run the installer as the wii boots? I remember I had this same problem trying to install r14 and it would just be a black screen but using a tutorial to do an offline upgrade to 4.2, I was able to run the installer because it booted up when the wii turned on.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
try bannerbombing the installer (ie. save the cios installer's boot.dol to the root of the sd card, rename any other boot.dol's or boot.elf's in the root to anything else.) Then launch bannerbomb, if the installer launches fine... then there's an issue with your HBC (maybe try updating your IOS61, I'm not sure if its at the most recent version off the top of my head)

disguy05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have 4.2U and i used bannerbomb through the sdcard menu. Is there no hope for me =/

EDIT: Im not sure how to check which version of bannerbomb I have but it shows up as a black/green background w/ bannerbomb in text in the sd card menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/l6ek7TmdGE8?si=k_qXsn8Finqhz70P +1