Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
Hmmm...

How old are those burned discs?
And how many legitimate games have you tested?

There doesn't seem to be a problem with your softmods...

It must definetely be a hardware problem.
If your laser does die, you can just buy a new laser, and replace the old one. There are plenty of tutorials for this.

You'll need to remove a tiny blob of solder on the new laser after putting it in.

If you haven't opened your Wii before, there are many tutorials about that too.
Except that I don't have anything to solder with, or know how to do such a thing. I also wouldn't know where I could get a replacement DVD drive for the thing.

I also never actually opened up my Wii before. I have opened up my Wii remote though, but that was to change the shell it had, so now I have a see-through remote.
yaywii.gif

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
Might not have anything to do with it but dvd's as a general rule ALWAYS burn better at the burn rate they are specifically made for. If you have 4x burn at 4x and if they are 16x burn them at 16x. I've been using verbatum 16x and imgburn and never had a bad disc. If you look it up you'll find I'm right, but there again it may not have anything to do with your problem, I was just giving you a heads up on the burn rate of blank dvd's.
smile.gif
Are you sure? This and nearly every single board have always said to burn your game iso's at the SLOWEST possible speed.

Anyways, little update... if it matters any, the iso I have for NMH2 was initially had from WiiSOS. Another search on piratebay now showed a new torrent for a "proper" USA version of NMH2 (which I still want to buy a real copy for, Suda-san
happy.gif
). Burned that with another disc, this time letting imgburn do "auto write speed" (max). At the verify stage, it started complaining about read errors, but eventually chose to ignore them through the verify stage.

I now pop the disc in the Wii, and it loads as quietly and quickly as any of my genuine Wii games.
wacko.gif
Ironic when the WiiSOS burn was verified error free by IMGburn, and now doesn't want to work.
mad.gif

Correction. New burn of NMH2 with the new torrent will show up on disc channel, but when I go actually start the game, it then shows up on scren saying "disc could not be read."

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
codezer0 said:
da_letter_a said:
Hmmm...

How old are those burned discs?
And how many legitimate games have you tested?

There doesn't seem to be a problem with your softmods...

It must definetely be a hardware problem.
If your laser does die, you can just buy a new laser, and replace the old one. There are plenty of tutorials for this.

You'll need to remove a tiny blob of solder on the new laser after putting it in.

If you haven't opened your Wii before, there are many tutorials about that too.
Except that I don't have anything to solder with, or know how to do such a thing. I also wouldn't know where I could get a replacement DVD drive for the thing.

I also never actually opened up my Wii before. I have opened up my Wii remote though, but that was to change the shell it had, so now I have a see-through remote.
yaywii.gif

Simple solution.... buy a Western Digital My Passport 160gb or more for USB loading
smile.gif

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, let's try this again...

New disc from the pile, reburned in IMGBurn @ 4x speed; book-type set to DVD-ROM.

No "disc cannot be read" error, and shows up in Disc channel. Loads as quietly as a retail disc.

Looks like I need to do some (re)burning? Or find some new ISO's, too.

Kenshin Br

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having problems with my Wii.

Its always saying "unable to recognize disc" with some newer games.

I was able to play Zangeki no Reginleiv, Silent Hill SM Shaun White World Stage and Ju-on: The Grudge.

But it do not recognize RE: Darkside, Marines Urban Combat, the new Monkey Ball and No More Heroes 2 runs, but crashes after 10 to 20 minutes saying something like "can't read the disc".

All older games are working fine (even those burned in poor quality discs like Nipponic).

It's 3.2U (but originaly was a japanese Wii)...

I have Hermes cIOS (222 and 223) and Waninkokos cIOS (249) installed.

Installing cIOSCORP v3.6 will help me out?

I think that, maybe, its because my discs quality. I've gone to downtown today to buy some new discs (the I used to burns and never disappointed me), but they will have these discs only next week. So I boghut some ELGIN and Smartbuy discs... And they didnt work. LOL.

Next week I will go there and see... ;(

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
codezer0 said:

New disc from the pile, reburned in IMGBurn @ 4x speed; book-type set to DVD-ROM.

No "disc cannot be read" error, and shows up in Disc channel. Loads as quietly as a retail disc.

I've never set the book-type in IMGburn, just burn specifically at the rated speed of the DVD you buy.

EDIT: oh and please stop double posting, there is an edit button and your going to get in some trouble with the MODS if you don't start using it.
smile.gif

QUOTE(Kenshin Br @ Feb 18 2010, 04:35 PM) I'm having problems with my Wii.

Its always saying "unable to recognize disc" with some newer games.

I was able to play Zangeki no Reginleiv, Silent Hill SM Shaun White World Stage and Ju-on: The Grudge.

But it do not recognize RE: Darkside, Marines Urban Combat, the new Monkey Ball and No More Heroes 2 runs, but crashes after 10 to 20 minutes saying something like "can't read the disc".

All older games are working fine (even those burned in poor quality discs like Nipponic).

It's 3.2U (but originaly was a japanese Wii)...

I have Hermes cIOS (222 and 223) and Waninkokos cIOS (249) installed.

Installing cIOSCORP v3.6 will help me out?

I think that, maybe, its because my discs quality. I've gone to downtown today to buy some new discs (the I used to burns and never disappointed me), but they will have these discs only next week. So I boghut some ELGIN and Smartbuy discs... And they didnt work. LOL.

Next week I will go there and see... ;(
Buy these or the dvd-r version.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
codezer0 said:

I've never set the book-type in IMGburn, just burn specifically at the rated speed of the DVD you buy.

EDIT: oh and please stop double posting, there is an edit button and your going to get in some trouble with the MODS if you don't start using it.
smile.gif
Except once I start a post to quote someone, it won't let me go back so I can add another's quote in to the post content as well.
frown.gif

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, this is off topic, but:

@codezer0
If you want to add a quote to an existing post, click the quote (not the multiquote) button like normal, and when the "type new post" screen appears with the quote in it, just cut/copy it, then hit back, and then go and edit your previous post, and paste it into there.

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello !

I have cioscorp 3.6 and ciosX rev 18 on a pal 4.1 wii (upgrade with PimpmyWii).

I have 2 games backup that don't work in the disc channel:
New super Mario Bros (returns to menu, i tried many things but always the same result,boot fine with USB loader GX and Neogamma)
Data East Arcade Classics (hangs on a black screen, boot fine with USB loaderGX and Neogamma).

I like the disc channel booting because it's easy for noobs (kids etc ...) and the backups for saving WiiDiscs.

Is there a way to boot them in the disc channel and if yes do i miss something (all ios are up to date) ?

ephumuris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm only a noob so take this with a pinch of salt but i think the NSMB one is because the disc needs altering to play it. Whereas GX and Neogamma should have the fixes built in. I've modified my ISO and it plays fine from disc channel. nUsing Cioscorp 3.6 on pal 4.1. Only i'm using Rev 17.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sort of a noob to cioCORP 3.6, but will it work with a modified 4.2U thats been loaded with backup launchers, uLoader, and few other cIOSes and IOSes?

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Regarding NSMBW...

da_letter_a said:
You need to patch the game's main.dol with vki's "nsmbxy" ppf patch, and it should work fine. That's what I did (I have the PAL version). here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mbczmnm2hzz
...what he said.

As for Data east Arcade Classics, don't know why it's blackscreening. I don't have that game to test it either...

robiul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems installing cioscorp, I'm on 4.2 with ciosrevx (the new one), and whenever I run the cioscorp installer I get a error ret -1029 for every file, how do I fix this?

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
robiul said:
I'm having problems installing cioscorp, I'm on 4.2 with ciosrevx (the new one), and whenever I run the cioscorp installer I get a error ret -1029 for every file, how do I fix this?
You neeed base to be 38

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well for being with your wife for so long I have self control +1