Hacking cIOSCORP v3.6 Release!

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I fix the upside down HBC after I uninstalled cIOSCORP? I don't need it anymore since my lens doesn't read wii discs anymore (beyond dirty).

Crimson Fog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
robiul said:
KiiWii said:
robiul said:
I'm having problems installing cioscorp, I'm on 4.2 with ciosrevx (the new one), and whenever I run the cioscorp installer I get a error ret -1029 for every file, how do I fix this?

go back to rev17

I'll try that

Did that work? Im having the same problems. The first half of wad's have a 1029 error and the latter half has a 2013 error.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

-aXe-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I checked the compatibility list and it's there in green, but for some reason Wii Sports won't work for me. It shows in the disc channel, and I click start, but then the controller shuts off and I'm stuck at a black screen. Any ideas?

Used the ESPALWii dump because I don't have the game. And I'm using da_letter_a's hacks.ini setup.

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, yeah just re read, i dont have an issue with that one either, since it was one of the earliest wii games maybe it needs a CIOS your missing? Works on mine though.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
-aXe- said:
I checked the compatibility list and it's there in green, but for some reason Wii Sports won't work for me. It shows in the disc channel, and I click start, but then the controller shuts off and I'm stuck at a black screen. Any ideas?

Used the ESPALWii dump because I don't have the game. And I'm using da_letter_a's hacks.ini setup.Are you using a PAL version on an NTSC Wii? If so, then it's most likely a video mode conflict. Try loading in Gecko 1.9.3, and force PAL or PAL60 video mode. You may have to adjust your TV's settings to display in PAL.

QUOTE(Dispel @ Mar 7 2010, 09:47 AM) which cIOSCORP has/will have cIOS55rev17_DIP ?

3.7 ?
In due time...

damysteryman and I haven't had much time to finish the next version. We're nearly done though, just not much time to actually finish it.

However...

damysteryman has been trying to "predict" things recently. I asked him to predict when we'd release it (just for lulz), and he replied with:

"When I see the number 500, something strange may happen"

Don't know what he's going on about though.

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It is. Kinda freaky really...

He read some fortune telling crap on the internet and thought he'd have a go at it.

-aXe-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
-aXe- said:

Used the ESPALWii dump because I don't have the game. And I'm using da_letter_a's hacks.ini setup.
Are you using a PAL version on an NTSC Wii? If so, then it's most likely a video mode conflict. Try loading in Gecko 1.9.3, and force PAL or PAL60 video mode. You may have to adjust your TV's settings to display in PAL.
Yea that's the setup I'm using. Almost all my burnt games are PAL, and this is the only one to do this. It's working, well the Wii is working. I can't see it though. I guess it's off to google to see how to make my TV display it. Thanks for the help.

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Most games have both video modes inside of them, but some don't. It seems that this is the case for your Wii Sports.

If it did work, it would display, either correctly or in black and white.
If after going through gecko 1.9.3, it's in black and white, maybe try adjusting your TV's color setting.

-aXe-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It was black and white showing the wrist strap warning crap, but then it went to snow and my TV said no signal like the Wii wasn't plugged into the TV. I'm going to try an NTSC version and see if it works. 4.15gb here I come. Why can't people scrub these things!! lol

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, getting the NTSC version would be better.

I actually don't like scrubbed releases, as they are not good dumps, since they've been modified.

Anyways, if you don't want to use up any download quota on wii sports, maybe look in a local pawn shop for a copy.

-aXe-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a download limit or anything like that. Just takes longer getting 4gb instead of 700mb. I've hit all the shops around here figuring I could find a used copy, grab it for a couple bucks and go play it. No. Not one place had it. Why? I don't know.

Again though, much thanks for the help. Looking forward to 3.7
biggrin.gif

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm not surprised. But a pawn shop near me has 3 copies of it. Everybody's trying to sell it off! (I doubt they're getting much from it though)
Nobody buys them though. They're just sitting in the display box.

Out of curiosity, why didn't you get it?
Did you buy your Wii off an ebay pirate who didn't give you a copy?
Did you buy a Korean Wii, and then region-change it? (I know that these don't even come with Wii Sports, you have to buy it seperately in Korea.)

back on-topic:
The NTSC version should work fine for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...