Country
Thats what I was thinking as well I guess ill stay as I am so
smile.gif

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha that is so weird. Before I installed cIOSCORP 3.2, my Ghostbusters froze at the health/wrist strap screen and now it just gives me black screen after updating.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honeypa said:
Haha that is so weird. Before I installed cIOSCORP 3.2, my Ghostbusters froze at the health/wrist strap screen and now it just gives me black screen after updating.
It's probably the iso you are using, read the first post below the readme.

Brewaholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have any of you experienced any problems with DVDs not playing with the Mplayer CE v 0.72 ???

Okay. I just ran an old nand back up prior to recent one using CIOSCORP v3.2. The Mplayer CE v0.72 worked and played DVDs fine. Now I've just restored my nand back to the present nand restored with CIOSCORP v3.2 installed and the DVD's will not play. All begans normally with the DVD mounting etc, the laser can be heard begining to read the disc but the stream never gets analyzed and the disc spins for a while then stops. I've tried previous versions of the MPCE and get the same result and I know I didn't uninstall anything recently.

DVDX is still there on my system I checked with the Channel File Manager. Then I attempted to run the hackmii installer to see if there was some odd mix up. The installer would not continue it said "There are no vulnerable IOS' found" so I'm trying to find CIOSCORP 3.1 again.

My finally conclusion:

Something in the new cIOSCORP is conflicting preventing DVD playback.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortune said:
OK ALL YOU IDIOTS (jk):

SEARCH cIOScorp v3.2 on google.

go to the www.wiihacks.com link and register there to see the link to cIOScorp v3.2.

HAVE FUN!
PEOPLE, stop telling others to get it elsewhere. If you know it's corrupt why send people there ???

QUOTE(ds22 @ Aug 6 2009, 08:14 PM) One thing.
In wiihacks.com zip the cIOS30 is corrupted.
Exactly, that's why you should get it from the source in my signature.

YOU CAN GET IT FROM THE EMAIL UNCORRUPTED AND FREE WITHOUT REGISTERING ANYWHERE ELSE.

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice programm, 2 concerns (i have read every post and do not think they have been covered)...firstly, although it seems to install parts of cios rev13 and parts of cios rev14, my wii ultimatly thinks it is on rev13.....weird. Secondly, this appears to disable my ability to make a nand bakup through bootmii, when trying to reinstall bootmii, i was informed that there was no vulnerable ios present. although this can be easily fixed. has anyone else experienced this?

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, I just found out the Ghostbusters Issue.......... well, at least into some of it.

QUOTE said:
IOS60 = IOS60 v6174 with rev13b DIP + ES_Identify Patch

This cIOS60 from the cIOSCorp v3.2 package is using Rev13b DIP modules and therefore the Anti002 Fix that will make Ghostbusters run into a black screen.

I was messing with PreLoader and changed to use IOS249 for System Menu and it loaded as far as the Wrist Strap Screen, and froze.... of course, eject trick fixes the freeze.

I recomend to rebuild cIOS60 with Rev14 as base to use those DIP Modules and of course, remove Anti002 Fix and the support for Error002b errors.

Thanks.

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Infinete, When you install cIOSCORP it does not place anything in IOS 249, which is where the cIOS is installed (normally) for the backloaders. This could be why you still seeing rev13.

Also the issue with Bootmii is a known problem, Bootmii cannot detect the version numbers of your installed IOS 36 and will not install unless you reinstall an "offical" version. You can then reinstall the cIOSCORP version after install.

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Foxgrey, thank you for the help, after re-installing cios rev14 and then cioscorp, it seems to have worked. I am not sure what happened the first time, i could have sworn i was on rev14 to begin with. Than you though. As for bootmii, yes that is what I had to do.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZackyKun said:
Link to tut?
Is there any advantage between what you use and cIOSCorp?

Here are some more details on how to load backups from the disc channel without cIOScorp:

You need preloader 0.29, the cIOS60 from cIOScorp (google "CIOS60HK.zip" or get "cios60.wad" from assassda's 4.0 offline guide), and waninkoko's cIOS38 rev 14.

Once all three of these things are installed (if you need details on how to install them use the search button) you simply need to enable the "IOS reload to 249" hack in preloader. This hack is available for system menu 4.1U and 4.1E, and may also be available for other versions of the system menu (see wiibrew for more details).

There are some advantages to using this method instead of cIOScorp. For instance, this method of getting backup loading in the disc channel is much less intrusive than cIOScorp, as you are modifying only one original Nintendo IOS and not all of them as cIOScorp does. Second, it is much easier to remove if needed - you can simply turn off the hack in preloader. In contrast, an uninstallation of cIOScorp requires you to replace all the modified IOS's with clean ones, which increases the likelihood of a brick.

There is one main benefit to using cIOScorp instead of the method described above. Specifically, cIOScorp has better compatibility with backups vs. the preloader method. Games that require the 002 fix (here's a list of them), or games that use an IOS reload will not work. However, the IOS reload games will work if the disc image is patched to use IOS 249 (you can do this using wani's IOS version patcher).

For me, the pros of this method outweigh the cons, but it's up to you to decide what's best for you. Given that I play most of my games using USB loader GX, I don't care if I have 100% compatibility for loading backups in the disc channel - I just play the ones that don't work in the disc channel on Neogamma or with USB Loader GX. The only games I play using the disc channel these days are IOS reload games like Sam & Max or Call of Duty 3 that don't work with my USB loader. Sorry for the long post, but hopefully this will be useful to some people.

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
Unfortune said:
OK ALL YOU IDIOTS (jk):

SEARCH cIOScorp v3.2 on google.

go to the www.wiihacks.com link and register there to see the link to cIOScorp v3.2.

HAVE FUN!
PEOPLE, stop telling others to get it elsewhere. If you know it's corrupt why send people there ???

QUOTE(ds22 @ Aug 6 2009, 08:14 PM) One thing.
In wiihacks.com zip the cIOS30 is corrupted.
Exactly, that's why you should get it from the source in my signature.

YOU CAN GET IT FROM THE EMAIL UNCORRUPTED AND FREE WITHOUT REGISTERING ANYWHERE ELSE.

Actually I got it from both sources and it appears wiihacks has it fixed as I did a comparison between the two files by CRC and every one checks out except for the icons in HBC. The wiihacks one has much nicer icon if you care about stuff like that.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Rcolon85 said:
Damn i cant get ghostbusters to work or wii sports resort

Read my Post on the previous page 6.

Using PreLoader, change to IOS249 as System Menu and will work, if you want to still have settings options, use IOS35.

Cheers.

Brewaholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brewaholic said:
Have any of you experienced any problems with DVDs not playing with the Mplayer CE v 0.72 ???

Okay. I just ran an old nand back up prior to the recent one that's using CIOSCORP v3.2. The Mplayer CE v0.72 worked and played DVDs fine with the original CIOSCORP. Now I've just restored my nand back to the present nand restored with CIOSCORP v3.2 installed and the DVD's will not play. All begans normally with the DVD mounting etc, the laser can be heard begining to read the disc but the stream never gets analyzed and the disc spins for a while then stops. I've tried previous versions of the MPCE and get the same result and I know I didn't uninstall anything recently.

DVDX is still there on my system I checked with the Channel File Manager. Then I attempted to run the hackmii installer to see if there was some odd mix up. The installer would not continue it said "There are no vulnerable IOS' found" so I'm trying to find CIOSCORP 3.1 again.

My finally conclusion:

Something in the new cIOSCORP is conflicting preventing DVD playback.

Has anyone had any problems with DVD play back yet ??? Both CIOSCORP 3.1 and 3.2 are doing the same thing.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xfcrowman said:
ZackyKun said:
Link to tut?
Is there any advantage between what you use and cIOSCorp?

Here are some more details on how to load backups from the disc channel without cIOScorp:

You need preloader 0.29, the cIOS60 from cIOScorp (google "CIOS60HK.zip" or get "cios60.wad" from assassda's 4.0 offline guide), and waninkoko's cIOS38 rev 14.

Once all three of these things are installed (if you need details on how to install them use the search button) you simply need to enable the "IOS reload to 249" hack in preloader. This hack is available for system menu 4.1U and 4.1E, and may also be available for other versions of the system menu (see wiibrew for more details).

There are some advantages to using this method instead of cIOScorp. For instance, this method of getting backup loading in the disc channel is much less intrusive than cIOScorp, as you are modifying only one original Nintendo IOS and not all of them as cIOScorp does. Second, it is much easier to remove if needed - you can simply turn off the hack in preloader. In contrast, an uninstallation of cIOScorp requires you to replace all the modified IOS's with clean ones, which increases the likelihood of a brick.

There is one main benefit to using cIOScorp instead of the method described above. Specifically, cIOScorp has better compatibility with backups vs. the preloader method. Games that require the 002 fix (here's a list of them), or games that use an IOS reload will not work. However, the IOS reload games will work if the disc image is patched to use IOS 249 (you can do this using wani's IOS version patcher).

For me, the pros of this method outweigh the cons, but it's up to you to decide what's best for you. Given that I play most of my games using USB loader GX, I don't care if I have 100% compatibility for loading backups in the disc channel - I just play the ones that don't work in the disc channel on Neogamma or with USB Loader GX. The only games I play using the disc channel these days are IOS reload games like Sam & Max or Call of Duty 3 that don't work with my USB loader. Sorry for the long post, but hopefully this will be useful to some people.

how bout make a new thread about how to make disc loading possible without cioscorp instead of posting it in the FUCKING CIOSCORP thread?

like really that is a huge slap in the face to the guys that made this possible. in closing beat it scrub

champ out.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
how bout make a new thread about how to make disc loading possible without cioscorp instead of posting it in the FUCKING CIOSCORP thread?

like really that is a huge slap in the face to the guys that made this possible. in closing beat it scrub

champ out.
I would have to agree. Completely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: