Hacking cIOSCorp Problems

TehGorunt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3.2 NTSC-U Wii with Homebrew Channel, Preloader 0.29, NO modchip, with cIOSCorp installed.

I not-so recently installed cIOSCorp. I could play backups on the Disc Channel which means it was a success. Until I accidently went to the cIOSCorp installer again. When the installer was starting, my Wii powered off. Bad Luck. I heard that when a cIOSCorp installation fails, your Wii semi-bricked, and that you can't access Wii Settings. But what I DIDN'T know, until now, was that cIOSCorp also recovers your Wii from a brick. Anyways, after the failed installation, I went to the Wii Settings to check, and it was working. Everything was working, except that I can't play backups on the disc channel nor the Backup Launcher 0.3. What the hell is going on and how do I fix this. If it's not a semi-brick, what do I do? Is it a recovered semi-brick from cIOSCorp bricking it and recovering it? Help.

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cioscorp modify ALL your ios with dip patch be sure to use the last version 3.5 if you really want to use cioscorp but you can boot via a loader without modifying any ios .... it's safer than modify all your ios your problem with the brick was cause by a bad system menu ios when reinstalling it, you get a new ios freshly install that why they can brick and recover from a brick the program just replace a faulty ios

TehGorunt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matguitarist said:
cioscorp modify ALL your ios with dip patch be sure to use the last version 3.5 if you really want to use cioscorp but you can boot via a loader without modifying any ios .... it's safer than modify all your ios your problem with the brick was cause by a bad system menu ios when reinstalling it, you get a new ios freshly install that why they can brick and recover from a brick the program just replace a faulty ios
A faulty IOS? What about a regular non-patched IOS?

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If backup launcher is not working, then you might have (at the very least) corrupted your CIOS...the wanniniko one, not talking about cioscorp. If your HBC is still working, I would download the cios 14 installer and re-install that. After that test your loader and report back, any error messages, their codes etc.

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cIOSCORP doesn't overwrite your cIOS, so if it is not available, you propably removed it earlier.
To fix your other problems just run cIOSCORP 3.5 installer and wait for it to finish. It will reinstall every IOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: