Hacking Cioscorp problem

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have Starfall installed on a 3.2E wii and i installed individually all the Cioscorp wads seen here
cioscorp.jpg

but after installation i'm supposed to be able to load backups straight from the disc channel, right? but it does not so i copied back over the cios with these ios taken from solitaire and mahjong and super paper mario and everything seems to be working ok but i'd like to know if i did anything wrong.
ios.jpg

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
get the softmii pack put the cioscorp boot.dol in apps/corps/ and let cioscorp install it all for you

If you knew more about cioscorp, you would know that the problem has to be somewhere else, wad installation of cioscorp should be fine.

@fiddlefaddle22:
There was something wrong with your cioscorp installation, with cIOS30 you should have been able to see the backups in the disc channel. And i think you know what the other cIOS are good for.

You can test if a cIOS from cioscorp is correctly installed very easily:
If you want to test for example IOS30 just load IOS30 in SoftChip and start a backup with it. If it works, it's cIOS, if not, either it's the original IOS, or it's broken.

Edit: You need the 3.2 system menu of course. If the Wii tells you that your "firmware" is 3.2, you have the 3.2 system menu

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
get the softmii pack put the cioscorp boot.dol in apps/corps/ and let cioscorp install it all for you

If you knew more about cioscorp, you would know that the problem has to be somewhere else, wad installation of cioscorp should be fine.

@fiddlefaddle22:
There was something wrong with your cioscorp installation, with cIOS30 you should have been able to see the backups in the disc channel. And i think you know what the other cIOS are good for.

You can test if a cIOS from cioscorp is correctly installed very easily:
If you want to test for example IOS30 just load IOS30 in SoftChip and start a backup with it. If it works, it's cIOS, if not, either it's the original IOS, or it's broken.

Edit: You need the 3.2 system menu of course. If the Wii tells you that your "firmware" is 3.2, you have the 3.2 system menu
Thanks,i'll give this a try.

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok,i've found out what was causing the problem i never had region free enabled on starfall and i was testing the disc channel with an NTSC game but now i can play Solitaire and Mahjong and now i'm a happy chappie
laugh.gif

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
sorted game isnt all that good after all the problems its caused people...lol
But it was all about the challenge to get the game working though, and now it can gather dust on the big pile ive got
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: you wanna know the worst night i had?