Not open for further replies.

WiiBlaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i'll be uploading the new CIOSCORP for 4.0 tomorrow i do have it working

right now, Games have to be brick blocked to work but it does work same has before

hopefully someone can find away to block updates on 4.0

trust me you may not like it, unless someone finds away to block updates

Originals will ask for updates, Backups brick blocked work fine

edit:\Update

Has been now Uploaded with instructions and the with new CIOS60Dip Patched

better instructions

Go steal the CIOSCORP wads from the miiwii thread or from softmii,

need to be on 4.0 with CIOS rev8 installed, also Rev7 is fine

second install the CIOSCORP wads that you took from Miiwii or Softmii with Wad Manager 1.3 loaded off of a CIOS
than install the new CIOS60BF which can be found just ask around

right now Backups brick blocked do work, backups not bricked block will or may ask to update, Originals may ask to update GC Backups work from the Disc Channel if you have install the correct GC Backup Loader MIOS to allow this

Right now, pretty useless if you ask me, Until someone releases a Program to block updates
but thats were its at

Thanks to Waninkoko for the Dip Patch

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
hopefully someone can find away to block updates on 4.0
That won't be too hard once crediar ports Preloader to 4.0 (that is, if he ever does).

By the way, that was fast WiiBlaster! Nice work
grog.gif
!

WiiBlaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was nothing but simple patching, anyone could have done it.

well its 1:21am here, thats why i'm waiting for tomorrow,

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems now we just need to work on reigion free i have faith that will be taken care of in days to come

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi WiiBlaster;
Sorry for the newbie questions, I'm rather new to Wii homebrew (though experienced in DS and iPhone).

I understand that cIOSCORP offers brick protection, and backup play through the main menu.

I'm currently on 4.0, with IOS249 v8 (cIOS36 v8) and IOS60 installed, and using Gamma Backup Launcher for Tatsunoko vs Capcom. I'm somewhat concerned, as I do install injected WADs from time to time, about brick protection.

Can I install your new version cIOSCORP, being already on 4.0? Or will I have to downgrade? Does it have any prerequisites? Sorry to say I hadn't heard of it prior to yesterday actually, but I'm rather new to Wii homebrew (loving it so far).

Phylos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiblaster:

I understand that you say it was simple patching and that "anyone could have done it," but it was you who did it! Congratulations on this breakthrough! Who better than to get the software updated than the original maker!

Looking forward for the update.....

btw... it sure is begining to feel like PSP style cat and mouse! Ninty updates and less than a week later we have a set of workarounds and improvements! LOL

-=Phylos=-

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see what the rush is. It will be a hassle until an update blocking solution is made for 4.0. Until then you'll have to run every game through GeckoOS or something.

Scarfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@WiiBlaster: Did you just put the app.1 file from cios36r8 in IOS 60 or did you patch IOS 60 with the cios (multi) installer? Are the rest of the ioses the same or have they changed too?

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Praxis said:
Hi WiiBlaster;
Sorry for the newbie questions, I'm rather new to Wii homebrew (though experienced in DS and iPhone).

I understand that cIOSCORP offers brick protection, and backup play through the main menu.

I'm currently on 4.0, with IOS249 v8 (cIOS36 v8) and IOS60 installed, and using Gamma Backup Launcher for Tatsunoko vs Capcom. I'm somewhat concerned, as I do install injected WADs from time to time, about brick protection.

Can I install your new version cIOSCORP, being already on 4.0? Or will I have to downgrade? Does it have any prerequisites? Sorry to say I hadn't heard of it prior to yesterday actually, but I'm rather new to Wii homebrew (loving it so far).
No CIOSCORP does not give any brick protection it is for us to load backups on all ioses(so we can load from the system menu) and you install it after you update once you have cios or used waninkoko's updater so that you can install wads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1