Hacking CIOSCORP Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've deleted the guide as most people who try to install it lack the required knowledge and risk having they're wiis bricked. Also all links have been taken down so using the links from the posts below won't work.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should also mention to always install over the ios/cios never delete an ios/cios.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guess you missed the chew out of the last guy to make a tutorial..... I'm not gonna bother to explain why its wrong to make a tutorial for something you had nothing to do with. I'm just going to stop working on completing this. Kinda sad I almost had the video issues fixed and out of region loading was a snap thanks to preloader.

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
CIJC said:
nice. im a PAL wii user... does this affect the installation in any way?
Nope same for every region.

Posts merged

QUOTE(digitydogs @ Jan 12 2009, 06:47 PM) Guess you missed the chew out of the last guy to make a tutorial..... I'm not gonna bother to explain why its wrong to make a tutorial for something you had nothing to do with. I'm just going to stop working on completing this. Kinda sad I almost had the video issues fixed and out of region loading was a snap thanks to preloader.
I just made a tutorial because I thought it would help people. I'm not trying to take any credit for this.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i just thought that the ios's for system menu might be region specific lol. thanks
smile.gif

1 more thing - is the compatibility the same as gamma?

who has installed this yet???
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well i guess you'll be the responsable for the massive bricks, but at least you should know:

1)cIOS aren't patched to IOS249, the cIOS in CIOSCORP are the same as in your Wii but with the DIP7 included, IOS249 is a copy of IOS36 with DIP7 and placed in other space, that's all.

2)To uninstall, is not enough to just run cIOS Downgrader, cause it only install IOS30, SysMenu, MIOS and BC, all of your altered IOS will be still altered with this, what you need is to install the normal IOS'es back again, or to simply update from the Wii Settings...!!!
wink.gif

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Well i guess you'll be the responsable for the massive bricks, but at least you should know:

1)cIOS aren't patched to IOS249, the cIOS in CIOSCORP are the same as in your Wii but with the DIP7 included, IOS249 is a copy of IOS36 with DIP7 and placed in other space, that's all.

2)To uninstall, is not enough to just run cIOS Downgrader, cause it only install IOS30, SysMenu, MIOS and BC, all of your altered IOS will be still altered with this, what you need is to install the normal IOS'es back again, or to simply update from the Wii Settings...!!!
wink.gif
I'll get to updating it.... Thanks.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
David look back at the thread bp2002 (or whatever his name was) made. then you'll understand your fuck up. I'm going back to getting my wii working with my video patch idea.

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was fallowing this but i cant test nothing till my wii comes back. my scumbag lil bro bricked it, but when it gets back ill try all of this. before i try this ill try preloader hope that will help with preventing bricking if lil bro touch my wii again.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
wait wait... so if i do this, its as easy as updating to 3.4, then downgrading back to 3.2 to uninstall?

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not simple. You will have to do all the fixes to restore signing bugs etc if you upgrade to 3.4 in order to get back to 3.2.

thinkoutsidetheb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Starfall works or doesn't?

"it should still work"... leaves a lot up in the air. It's the lack of knowledge knowing what's going to happen versus I really don't bloody know.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:

wink.gif

I was wondering if cIOS Downgrader would completely uninstall.

So should anyone doing this still do a NAND dump prior to installation of CIOSCORP?

That was the suggestion on the original thread.

PS- I really wish that he could of waited for Wiiblaster / Iron mask etal to do a proper guide

as they know better than anyone how to do this and what exactly it does.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes you should still do a nand dump so in worse case scenario's you have EVERYTHING on your wii in a nice little dump that you can extract, re-pack, and re-install from. that way you know your wii will be exactly like it was before. This is also why we were waiting for preloader to release, so there wouldn't be any real danger. As soon as the dol loading was fixed a proper tut prolly would have been made, and i see ether is going to make it, including all steps to backup from nand, and restore in case of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end