smuurfi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

i just installed cIOSCORP v3.6 on my 4.1E, cIOS38 Rev14, priiloader 0.3, because i need dlc sd-compatibility.

I tested 3 Games (Rock Band2, SM Galaxy, RE4) burned on DVD+R, they all work on neogamma, but the disc-channel doesn't recognize the discs. Not an error, not a warning, just nothing.

Is this a known issue? Did i forget sth.?

greets,
smuurfi

smuurfi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tried it with DVD-Rom Booktype, but it's still not working
frown.gif

Disc spins like for a couple of seconds and then nothing.

smuurfi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, just found out that whenever i insert a backup-dvd, my wii isn't able to shut down anymore. I got a blackscreen after pressing power button on wii, but the led on the wii is still green. Only pressing power button on the wii for a while will turn the led to red.
Also I'm not able to start neogamma, after i inserted a dvd, but starting it before and then play the game via neogamma is no problem.

:/

smuurfi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
do u have a hardmodded wii? priiloader v0.3 and v0.3b have a hardmod bug in it that causes the wii to freeze while inserting a disk while in the wii system menu

nope, "only" softmodded

Moorclos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cioscorp is not a modchip
but it does a great job on many games

i try one thing, i saw that with corpV3.6 only some games don't work
i add cios from corpV3.5, and now many (old one) that didn't work, work well
Cioscorp v3.5 (cIOS: 12,13,14,15,22,32,34) (kackmii works on ios 61, and i have boot 2 bootmii)

i see too, that with firmware 3.2, i have better result than with 4.2, but perhaps starpatch does a bad thing with the compatibility of games

dsteel2g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its the disc the Wii just doesnt like DVD+R's for some reason. Get some DVD-R's and burn at a slow speed (about 4x) and you should be fine. Give cIOSCORP another chance once you've burned some new disc. In my opinion cIOSCORP works better than neo-gamma. Less features but less crap I wasnt gonna use anyway. I think the only reason neo-gamma is so popular is because it gives you the functionality of a disc loader and a usb loader all in one. Cool in concept but failed in user friendliness. With all that said give cISCORP another try, make sure you have the latest version (should be on 3.6), burn .iso's with good DVD-R media at a slow speed, and configure Priiloader properly (enable region free everything). And you should be fine with 99% of the games out there. Your welcome. BTW read the entire readme included with cIOSCORP there is an addition installer called "Extras installer" it adds functionality for Gamecube backups and newer Wii games. This .wad is NOT included with the main installer so you have to install it after you've done the main installer. Read your Readme's people.

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would seem to me that the ios your system menu uses did not get replaced with the cioscorp version. In addition, if your using any startpatch, or preloader style menu tweaks, I would uninstall them. Then re-install cioscorp, paying attention to make sure no errors on the install. Then re-apply the menu tweaks. Double check to make sure your hacks.ini or startpatcher is for your menu version!

Also as Moorclos mentioned, you may want to try the 3.5 version of Cioscorp.

Cmurda187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smuurfi said:
Hi,

i just installed cIOSCORP v3.6 on my 4.1E, cIOS38 Rev14, priiloader 0.3, because i need dlc sd-compatibility.

I tested 3 Games (Rock Band2, SM Galaxy, RE4) burned on DVD+R, they all work on neogamma, but the disc-channel doesn't recognize the discs. Not an error, not a warning, just nothing.

Is this a known issue? Did i forget sth.?

greets,
smuurfi
I had this same problem too the other day when I softmodded a friends wii. The cioscorp 3.6 would not recognize the BU disc I put in the drive so I ended up installing cioscorp 3.2 or 3.3(can't remember which) on my friends wii and it worked for the disc channel. I do not have cioscorp on the two wiis that I personally own because I load the games via USB. USB is way better than discs.
Hope this helps and make sure that you use the uninstaller that came with the package from cioscorp before proceeding with this.
P.S.: Do this at your own risk as it may cause a brick if you don't know what you are doing and make sure to have preloader and bootmii installed prior.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsteel2g said:
burn .iso's with good DVD-R media at a slow speed,
Why do people always say this ????

You burn a DVD at it's rated disc speed for the best performance.

If it's a 4x than burn it at 4x, but if it's a 16x than burn it at 16x.

I buy 16x Verbatim and I burn it at 16x and I've never had a coaster or in-game slowdown.

smuurfi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cmurda187 said:
I had this same problem too the other day when I softmodded a friends wii. The cioscorp 3.6 would not recognize the BU disc I put in the drive so I ended up installing cioscorp 3.2 or 3.3(can't remember which) on my friends wii and it worked for the disc channel.

After trying DVD-R, cioscorp 3.5, 3.3, various priiloader preferences ... installing cioscorp 3.2 was the final solution. Kind of strange to me, though :/

In order to play Guitar Hero 5, is it possible to just install the ios56 from newer cioscorp, but stay basically at cioscorp 3.2?

Cmurda187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smuurfi said:
Cmurda187 said:
I had this same problem too the other day when I softmodded a friends wii. The cioscorp 3.6 would not recognize the BU disc I put in the drive so I ended up installing cioscorp 3.2 or 3.3(can't remember which) on my friends wii and it worked for the disc channel.

After trying DVD-R, cioscorp 3.5, 3.3, various priiloader preferences ... installing cioscorp 3.2 was the final solution. Kind of strange to me, though :/

In order to play Guitar Hero 5, is it possible to just install the ios56 from newer cioscorp, but stay basically at cioscorp 3.2?
Happy to hear that solution worked for you.
For the question you posted you would have to talk to The Letter A about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7