cIOSCORP doesn't work, but neogamma does

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by smuurfi, Jan 20, 2010.

Jan 20, 2010
  1. smuurfi
    OP

Newcomer smuurfi Member

United States
    Hi,

i just installed cIOSCORP v3.6 on my 4.1E, cIOS38 Rev14, priiloader 0.3, because i need dlc sd-compatibility.

I tested 3 Games (Rock Band2, SM Galaxy, RE4) burned on DVD+R, they all work on neogamma, but the disc-channel doesn't recognize the discs. Not an error, not a warning, just nothing.

Is this a known issue? Did i forget sth.?

greets,
    smuurfi

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Did you try a game burned to DVD-R?

3. Dmon84

Member Dmon84 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    If you burn to dvd+r you have to set the Booktype to "DVD-ROM".

4. smuurfi
    OP

Newcomer smuurfi Member

United States
    will try this, thanks!

5. smuurfi
    OP

Newcomer smuurfi Member

United States
    just tried it with DVD-Rom Booktype, but it's still not working [​IMG]

Disc spins like for a couple of seconds and then nothing.

6. smuurfi
    OP

Newcomer smuurfi Member

United States
    Hmm, just found out that whenever i insert a backup-dvd, my wii isn't able to shut down anymore. I got a blackscreen after pressing power button on wii, but the led on the wii is still green. Only pressing power button on the wii for a while will turn the led to red.
    Also I'm not able to start neogamma, after i inserted a dvd, but starting it before and then play the game via neogamma is no problem.

:/

7. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    do u have a hardmodded wii? priiloader v0.3 and v0.3b have a hardmod bug in it that causes the wii to freeze while inserting a disk while in the wii system menu

8. smuurfi
    OP

Newcomer smuurfi Member

United States
    nope, "only" softmodded

9. Moorclos

Newcomer Moorclos Member

France
    cioscorp is not a modchip
    but it does a great job on many games

i try one thing, i saw that with corpV3.6 only some games don't work
    i add cios from corpV3.5, and now many (old one) that didn't work, work well
    Cioscorp v3.5 (cIOS: 12,13,14,15,22,32,34) (kackmii works on ios 61, and i have boot 2 bootmii)

i see too, that with firmware 3.2, i have better result than with 4.2, but perhaps starpatch does a bad thing with the compatibility of games

10. dsteel2g

Newcomer dsteel2g Newbie

United States
    Its the disc the Wii just doesnt like DVD+R's for some reason. Get some DVD-R's and burn at a slow speed (about 4x) and you should be fine. Give cIOSCORP another chance once you've burned some new disc. In my opinion cIOSCORP works better than neo-gamma. Less features but less crap I wasnt gonna use anyway. I think the only reason neo-gamma is so popular is because it gives you the functionality of a disc loader and a usb loader all in one. Cool in concept but failed in user friendliness. With all that said give cISCORP another try, make sure you have the latest version (should be on 3.6), burn .iso's with good DVD-R media at a slow speed, and configure Priiloader properly (enable region free everything). And you should be fine with 99% of the games out there. Your welcome. BTW read the entire readme included with cIOSCORP there is an addition installer called "Extras installer" it adds functionality for Gamecube backups and newer Wii games. This .wad is NOT included with the main installer so you have to install it after you've done the main installer. Read your Readme's people.

11. smuurfi
    OP

Newcomer smuurfi Member

United States
    Read it a couple of times, as i'm not boot2-able [​IMG]

Will try it with a DVD-R.

12. foxgrey

Member foxgrey GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It would seem to me that the ios your system menu uses did not get replaced with the cioscorp version. In addition, if your using any startpatch, or preloader style menu tweaks, I would uninstall them. Then re-install cioscorp, paying attention to make sure no errors on the install. Then re-apply the menu tweaks. Double check to make sure your hacks.ini or startpatcher is for your menu version!

Also as Moorclos mentioned, you may want to try the 3.5 version of Cioscorp.

13. Cmurda187

Member Cmurda187 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had this same problem too the other day when I softmodded a friends wii. The cioscorp 3.6 would not recognize the BU disc I put in the drive so I ended up installing cioscorp 3.2 or 3.3(can't remember which) on my friends wii and it worked for the disc channel. I do not have cioscorp on the two wiis that I personally own because I load the games via USB. USB is way better than discs.
    Hope this helps and make sure that you use the uninstaller that came with the package from cioscorp before proceeding with this.
    P.S.: Do this at your own risk as it may cause a brick if you don't know what you are doing and make sure to have preloader and bootmii installed prior.

14. ChokeD

Member ChokeD The Contributor

United States
    Why do people always say this ????

You burn a DVD at it's rated disc speed for the best performance.

If it's a 4x than burn it at 4x, but if it's a 16x than burn it at 16x.

I buy 16x Verbatim and I burn it at 16x and I've never had a coaster or in-game slowdown.

15. smuurfi
    OP

Newcomer smuurfi Member

United States
    After trying DVD-R, cioscorp 3.5, 3.3, various priiloader preferences ... installing cioscorp 3.2 was the final solution. Kind of strange to me, though :/

In order to play Guitar Hero 5, is it possible to just install the ios56 from newer cioscorp, but stay basically at cioscorp 3.2?

16. Cmurda187

Member Cmurda187 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Happy to hear that solution worked for you.
    For the question you posted you would have to talk to The Letter A about that.