cios249 before rev 14 help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bryandir, Oct 20, 2009.

Oct 20, 2009

cios249 before rev 14 help by bryandir at 10:54 AM (2,329 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. bryandir
    OP

Newcomer bryandir Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    hi guys,i get this warning before my games play,and i was just wondering if installing rev 14 will get rid of the error.i just dont want it to mess things up and it becomes a long drawn out process of restoring everything back the way it was.im on system menu 3.2e.

i use a 320 hitachi external caddy,and have 91 games on it,they all work (apart from ghostbusters,sports resort)but that warning now comes up,all the game sthat work before STILL work,but im just curious.

i recently updataed the "ultimate usb loader (with coverflow)" via the networked updates available(there was 5 of them),and thats when i started to get the message in the picture bellow.

the other part of my question is,how do i get games like ghostbusters to work?its a green screen when it loads up,and then i have to power off via the button on the wii.

[​IMG]

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Well if your loader warns about 001 with a cIOS before cIOSrev14, that's correct. There are games that would show an 001 error in that case, but you would see if that was the issue, 001 error can't be misinterpreted.

Ghostbusters is a 002b game, and your loader should warn you about that with the bad cIOS(rev8-12 + 13b).

3. bryandir
    OP

United Kingdom

thanks for the swift reply.

so what are my options.?

is there an easy fix to play games like ghostbusters,beatles rick band,wii sports resort?

or should i just be happy with what i have got.

thanks!

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Do you have one of the bad cIOS?

5. bryandir
    OP

United Kingdom

im not quite sure what the "bad cios" is?

can you tell me please.

6. bryandir
    OP

United Kingdom
    is there not a fix that will solve all the prblems?

like a cios that will get rid of green screened games,sort wii sports resort,and beatles rock band etc..or are they all individual fixes?

thanks!!

7. hawker

Newcomer hawker Member

United Kingdom
    I just updated my version of the same USB Loader last night and saw the very message you mention. I am on PAL 3.2 Rev10 every game I have installed on my HD works fine, some require the option menu in the loader to be used, ie error 002 fix. This message is to draw your attention to the possibility.