cIOS wont install need help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gio1.6, Nov 18, 2008.

1. gio1.6
    OP

gio1.6 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2008
    I recently upgraded my firmware to 3.3E with the October update (before realising that homebrew even existed) and I'm not 100% sure but I think this firmware update could be the reason why I can't install 'cIOS-36-rev07' so then i thought to downgrade my IOS firmware to 3.2E with the 'cIOS37-rev3' version (both using the appropiate WAD files) but had no luck in installing that version of cIOS either. Also I have also extensivly browsed through every webpage and post that I could find to help me come up with a solution to this problem, and the problem bieng I get these error messages saying I can't install(using the WAD installation method), so I thought there was a version of cIOS installed already so I decided to use Waninkoko's cIOS Uninstaller, then I get a message telling me that no version of cIOS exists. So now this leaves me stranded and not sure what to do next, and also meaning I can't install 'cIOS DVD Dumper 1.2' which I need as I don't have and can't buy the specific LG drive inorder to copy the games. Please any assistance towards how to fix this problem of mine would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank-you,
    gio1.6

2. gutset628

gutset628 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2008
    United States
    I think you need to follow the instructions located here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945

It's what I used to fix/patch 3.3u when I updated my wii before realizing that homebrew existed.

I can only assume it will work for 3.3e as well.

It was all fairly straight forward and simple.
    I litterally followed everything step by step.

Good luck!

3. gio1.6
    OP

gio1.6 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2008
    thank-you for your help

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice