cIOS wont install need help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gio1.6, Nov 18, 2008.

Nov 18, 2008

cIOS wont install need help by gio1.6 at 3:42 AM (1,634 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. gio1.6
    OP

Newcomer gio1.6 Newbie

Australia
    I recently upgraded my firmware to 3.3E with the October update (before realising that homebrew even existed) and I'm not 100% sure but I think this firmware update could be the reason why I can't install 'cIOS-36-rev07' so then i thought to downgrade my IOS firmware to 3.2E with the 'cIOS37-rev3' version (both using the appropiate WAD files) but had no luck in installing that version of cIOS either. Also I have also extensivly browsed through every webpage and post that I could find to help me come up with a solution to this problem, and the problem bieng I get these error messages saying I can't install(using the WAD installation method), so I thought there was a version of cIOS installed already so I decided to use Waninkoko's cIOS Uninstaller, then I get a message telling me that no version of cIOS exists. So now this leaves me stranded and not sure what to do next, and also meaning I can't install 'cIOS DVD Dumper 1.2' which I need as I don't have and can't buy the specific LG drive inorder to copy the games. Please any assistance towards how to fix this problem of mine would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank-you,
    gio1.6

2. gutset628

Newcomer gutset628 Newbie

United States
    I think you need to follow the instructions located here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945

It's what I used to fix/patch 3.3u when I updated my wii before realizing that homebrew existed.

I can only assume it will work for 3.3e as well.

It was all fairly straight forward and simple.
    I litterally followed everything step by step.

Good luck!

3. gio1.6
    OP

Newcomer gio1.6 Newbie

Australia
    thank-you for your help