Hacking CIOS REV15 Has Been Released

matsurisan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Jaz808 said:
Rev15 did NOT fix SSBB from the usb drive, do i need to reload it, it still has the same problems for me, freezes at tittle screen and frezzes after winning the last battle

Are you able to watch the full intro movie? And the very same rip does not crash on older cIOS? Do you use wifi or have it at least enabled?

QUOTE(matsurisan @ Nov 15 2009, 10:37 AM) It lacks the patch to disable libogc's IOS reload, screwing cboot2, meaning there's no way to install it unless a >200 cios was available already or (what I don't want to do!) ninty's IOS

matsurisan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
matsurisan said:
WiiPower said:
Jaz808 said:
Rev15 did NOT fix SSBB from the usb drive, do i need to reload it, it still has the same problems for me, freezes at tittle screen and frezzes after winning the last battle

Are you able to watch the full intro movie? And the very same rip does not crash on older cIOS? Do you use wifi or have it at least enabled?

QUOTE(matsurisan @ Nov 15 2009, 10:37 AM) It lacks the patch to disable libogc's IOS reload, screwing cboot2, meaning there's no way to install it unless a >200 cios was available already or (what I don't want to do!) ninty's IOS

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
How is the compatibility with this new version?
Has anyone tried the following games?
-Splinter Cell DA
-Sam and Max
-Metal Slug Anthology(Metal Slug 6 specifically)
-Call Of Duty 3
-Takt of Magic
-Metroid Prime Trilogy

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Posts merged

Has anyone tried the following games from USB?
-Splinter Cell DA
-Sam and Max
-Metal Slug Anthology(Metal Slug 6 specifically)
-Call Of Duty 3
-Takt of Magic
-Metroid Prime Trilogy

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Ramzee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
panmusic said:
Has anyone tried the following games?
... Metroid Prime Trilogy

Overall USB Loader game compatibility seems to be similar to rev 14. The only change for MPT is that you can now use IOS249 in your loader to play the Metriod Prime 3 alt.dol (rs5mp3_p.dol).

I've used USB Loader GX rev815c to rip Wii Sports to a USB memory stick ok but, I don't have a duel layer DVD game at hand to test how well rev 15 handles those.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For this new release, do it add more support to other Hard Drives that wasn't compatible? Can't test now because my SD Card reader on my computer will not read my SD. Thanks in advance.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Darkshadow96 said:
For this new release, do it add more support to other Hard Drives that wasn't compatible? Can't test now because my SD Card reader on my computer will not read my SD. Thanks in advance.

Just set up a share on your pc and use wiiexplorer to copy the app folder over or use send elf to send the file to the HBC that's what I do sd card only gets taken out to backup nand files to pc(cause of size)

kevinbradhancock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
Darkshadow96 said:

Just set up a share on your pc and use wiiexplorer to copy the app folder over or use send elf to send the file to the HBC that's what I do sd card only gets taken out to backup nand files to pc(cause of size)

SDHC is having slight problems where it glitches on and off there is obvisouly less support than with rev 13 the same problem occurs with rev 14.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Making a note here but if you have BOOTMII folder on a SDHC card you will allways get some sort of lag before start up because it has trouble booting into the BOTMII menu (and usualy wont boot the bootmii menu)and you might jus have a black screen for awhile untill it finally boots to menu If you use the bootmii config editor you can set the boot to 0 and boot through start up much quicker

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wanting to downgrade rev15 back to rev14. I have heard things about not being able to reinstall it correctly again. Can I just install rev14 back over rev15, or must I do something special?

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
Everthing is working fine on rev 14 here so i think if it aint broke dont fix it is the way to go here
smile.gif

chromemax

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Sabin_Figaro said:
Is it possible to install this IOS as an not used slot (IOS250) so i can have REV14 in 249 and REV15 in 250?

i'd also like to know that. it would solve a lot of problems if such of thing is possible. from what i know when you install a wanin cios it uses both ios 249 and 250 (the latter being a just a backup in case something messes up). so, in other words, is there a way to bypass this and install one rev on ios 249 (preferably rev14 as some users state it's more stable than rev15) and the other on 250

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chromemax said:
i'd also like to know that. it would solve a lot of problems if such of thing is possible. from what i know when you install a wanin cios it uses both ios 249 and 250 (the latter being a just a backup in case something messes up). so, in other words, is there a way to bypass this and install one rev on ios 249 (preferably rev14 as some users state it's more stable than rev15) and the other on 250
Easiest way I can think of (If you've ever made a .wad file before... perhaps wwpacker is easiest?)

Install rev 15,
dump your file system,
make a .wad of only IOS250,
install rev14,
install the .wad you just made.

Although I'm not sure how this will help you
unsure.gif

MrRich

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,

At the end of september i did the softmod and I installed cIOSCORP 3.3 (I've just update it to 3.5)... now i follow the guide for playing NSMB
I don't know which release of cios I have... can I install the Cios rev15 or I must first unistall the cIOSCORP??
2nd question: can I install directly the cios rev 15 or first the cios rev14 and then this new???

Sorry for my terrible english!!!
Thank u very much

chromemax

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
urherenow said:
Easiest way I can think of (If you've ever made a .wad file before... perhaps wwpacker is easiest?)

Install rev 15,
dump your file system,
make a .wad of only IOS250,
install rev14,
install the .wad you just made.

Although I'm not sure how this will help you
unsure.gif

well, to tell you the truth i'd only want rev15 just for DL support (but in the end it seems SSBB works, but MPT doesn't. i get that green screen everyone talks about then i'm thrown back to the wii menu. i use wiiflow if it's of any relevance). before rev15 came out the only way to play SSBB was for me to install rev12 (or anything lower than 14, but i used 12 just to be sure it works). and if i wanted to play any other games i installed rev14 back. from what i've seen SSBB works with absolutely no problems on rev12 but switching between 12 and 14 all the time is quite tedious especially if your friends are over and you play a lot of games. so i was thinking that if rev12 was on ios250 (just for SSBB. does MPT work with rev12? i haven't tested. if it does then for MPT as well) and rev14 on ios249 for the other SL games. i'm thinking this would be the best alternative to play all games, SL and DL, without rev15. that's why i wanted to know. btw i've never made a .wad file. i heard that if it isn't perfect, even the smallest bug could brick the wii so i never tried.

p.s.: hermes cios doesn't work well on my wii, god knows why. some games freeze in the middle of the action with both 222 and 223 so the only options would be the wanin cios

jfireyall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can rev15 be installed on top/in conjunction with r14? looking for advice on how to upgrade to r15. thank you and happy thanksgiving!

Pulka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jfireyall said:
can rev15 be installed on top/in conjunction with r14? looking for advice on how to upgrade to r15. thank you and happy thanksgiving!
It overwrites the old one, I think.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: make up his mind dude