Hacking cIOS rev14 to be the last cIOS released?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IRC wrote:
[16:49] * Now talking in #cIOS on irc.freenode.org
[16:49] * Topic is 'rev14 release: July (last cIOS) | Error 002 ? Use Rev13b OR get a proper loader EG: !neogamma | THIS IS AN ENGLISH SPEAKING CHANNEL, USE IT!'
[16:49] * Set by waninkoko on Wed Jun 10 08:23:30

cIOS rev14 will be released in July, and it will be the LAST cIOS.

D

Deleted-171178

He probably has a new piece of all-in-one software coming out or something.

D

Deleted-171178

If he does it would be so useful
smile.gif

clownz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope its not the last one...no more preloader, no more cios's? i hope this scene isnt going to die because of this.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
Hope so. lol, Wanikoko tends to be kinda skimpy on details.

Yeah, he is smart. He shouldn't give any details. Too many people that don't know anything speculate too much about details. And then the never ending streams of questions in regards to release dates.

The whole scene is a pain in the ass for the most part, except some exceptions. I am surprised these guys still do this stuff for us.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would venture to guess that he has something else (new) up his sleeve. And if not, someone else will take over where he left off...

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
alucard77 said:
TroyTheZombie said:
Hope so. lol, Wanikoko tends to be kinda skimpy on details.

Yeah, he is smart. He shouldn't give any details. Too many people that don't know anything speculate too much about details. And then the never ending streams of questions in regards to release dates.

The whole scene is a pain in the ass for the most part, except some exceptions. I am surprised these guys still do this stuff for us.

Agreed.

I don't think people quite get this is a side hobby for most of us. So rule of thumb is "its done when it's done". They have lives too, lol.

well, not sure about marcan, but I know everyone else does, lol.
nyanya.gif

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even understand people. There is enough out there where people can play almost everything, with out major issues.

Ohh, I have to restart my Wii when I play games. Boohoo, 6 months ago you had to a modchip. Who knew how to do that?

Sorry, sometimes the scene gets annoying. These guys need to be left alone. I wish I knew how to do this shit. I would never say when anything is coming out. No communication ever. If it works it works. If not, tough.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alucard77 said:
I don't even understand people. There is enough out there where people can play almost everything, with out major issues.

Ohh, I have to restart my Wii when I play games. Boohoo, 6 months ago you had to a modchip. Who knew how to do that?

Sorry, sometimes the scene gets annoying. These guys need to be left alone. I wish I knew how to do this shit. I would never say when anything is coming out. No communication ever. If it works it works. If not, tough.

You are absolutely right. There are a good amount of people that just do not appreciate what we have. Personally, I never saw softmodding coming, and I was floored when it did. Prior to that I was very appreciative just to be able to play Sega Master System games on the Wii (through emulation)
smile.gif

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
meh its the last cios that waninkoko will release. hermes will release new shit and the man with the ridiculous name will be nothing more then a thing of the past.

ide also love to know why he figures NEOGAMMA is a proper loader. USBloader +cfg gui owns that pos software

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
meh its the last cios that waninkoko will release. hermes will release new shit and the man with the ridiculous name will be nothing more then a thing of the past.

ide also love to know why he figures NEOGAMMA is a proper loader. USBloader +cfg gui owns that pos software

if you can find a usb loader that can handle sam and max, you'd be right. neogamma is the ONLY software for a softmod wii that can play it as far as i've been able to find out.*

*unless you use cioscorp, but that's a risk i don't feel like taking for one game.

EDIT: i have yet to test it, but it looks like GX might be able to load sam and max with the revision. still not a reason to badmouth neogamma at all. it let me a play a game that no other software was allowing.

chA1nBull3t

Trophies
Website
www.kalam1ty.co.cc
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget we still have Bootmii. The scene isn't dead yet lol.
As for being the last cIOS release, I'm sure waninkoko is still brewing some other goodies.

A lot of what we have now for the Wii is made possible due to homebrew but as the Wii improves, so will homebrew. This isn't the last of it
wink.gif

diffikolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is everyone acting like this is such a bad thing? That means it's complete as he can make it...there will definitely be bug fixes, if they are found...and if something new hits the scene, we all know he'll add it.

I take this as good news.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind the JPEG artifacts, stylistic choice