YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i'm on rev9, whats the difference?

i've read the changelog, but it seems that RB USB instruments STILL arent working.

plus, i've held back on rev10 and 11 because i heard about a few bugs, and it seems that 12 is no different.

random HDD failures, games not working here and there... can anyone tell me precise faults and whether it's worth me updating? i'm only looking for RB instruments working lol the games have been on my HDD for about a month waiting for the fix! XD

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Had issues with Mario Strikers Charged on cIOS Rev 12, deleted the game and re-install fixed the problem...just common sense?

To avoid further problems with other games I just re-installed all my games while watching Stanley Cup Finals and Bedtime Stories.

Reformat (low-level) is always good from time to time (I mean year or so) cause it refreshes you hard drive and could correct and/or prevent bad sectors not to mention eliminates all fragments on the hard drive.

Any computer geeks in the house?

moogle.gif

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nemix77 said:
Had issues with Mario Strikers Charged on cIOS Rev 12, deleted the game and re-install fixed the problem...just common sense?

To avoid further problems with other games I just re-installed all my games while watching Stanley Cup Finals and Bedtime Stories.

Reformat (low-level) is always good from time to time (I mean year or so) cause it refreshes you hard drive and could correct and/or avoid bad sectors.

moogle.gif
a bit

how does it refresh it at all... its still the same age, will run pretty much the same.

and any bad sectors are likely manufacturer issues, like when you get a factory bad block dumping NAND in bootmii.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nemix77 said:

Reformat (low-level) is always good from time to time (I mean year or so) cause it refreshes you hard drive and could correct and/or avoid bad sectors.

moogle.gif

lol, I suppose. I would have just reinstalled the ones that gave me problems, but that's just me, lol.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was thinking the same, just re-install whatever gives me issues but I only have 20 games.

mickeyt1998:

(Low-level)...zeros...Full Format...reset to factory defaults?

Am I still speaking English here?

moogle.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I was just toying with the idea of upgrading to cIOS rev12 and 13 is already announced. I'm on rev10 and the only problem (aside from the usual) I've noticed is that SSBB seems to lock up after the captain falco smash event failing after around 47 seconds. It won't let me press B to smash, even with the smash ball, and has locked up 4 times now in exactly the same spot.

Aside from that, I'm still trying to get SSX Wii to work. It seems no cIOS update or tweaking with options or patching ISOs will work for the USB Launcher.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@mickeyt1998:

LOL...

Ah, see that's why it's good to do from time to time even on your desktop/laptop.

Reason being is because hard drives become framented or get bad sectors overtime this makes the hard drive have to work even harder to access data causing higher than normal wear n tear...clicking noise anyone?

So by doing so, you actually minimzing wear and tear and cleansing the hard drive (your terms)...common sense?

Think tires: overtime you tires will be worned and warp to a degree reducing tire life, safety and performace.

Maintaining regular balancing of tires and rotation (cause front usually worns out faster) you a minimizing the effect of age and also increasing performace/traction/safety.

Agreed?

moogle.gif

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Been cool mickeyt1998 but I'm falling asleep, hopefully Rev 13 is posted when I wake up.

No hard feelings, cheers...

*all message type on Wii's virtual keyboard*

IMAO
moogle.gif

zippy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nemix77 said:
Reason being is because hard drives become framented or get bad sectors overtime this makes the hard drive have to work even harder to access data causing higher than normal wear n tear...clicking noise anyone? So by doing so, you actually minimzing wear and tear and cleansing the hard drive (your terms)...common sense? Think tires: overtime you tires will be worned and warp to a degree reducing tire life, safety and performace. Maintaining regular balancing of tires and rotation (cause front usually worns out faster) you a minimizing the effect of age and also increasing performace/traction/safety. Agreed?

No. Hard drives don't work that way.

Doing a full format of the drive will actually only put more stress on the drive, writing to every sector of the drive (some solid state drives are an exception to this). Then you reload the drive completely, once again writing to nearly every sector of the hard drive. In terms of wear and tear, all you've accomplished is just adding more wear. Error checking and defragging a drive will accomplish the same thing as a low level format, only putting a fraction of the stress on the drive in doing so.

Hard drive to the tire rotation analogy is nonsensical at best.

edit: Also, you should not get any meaningful fragmentation on a WBFS partition, unless perhaps you add and remove games of varying sizes a considerable number of times. There are no progressive competing writes and scattered files like when running an operating system. The only concern would be error checking the drive and checking the S.M.A.R.T. status to ensure it isn't going to die on you.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
i put off upgrading to rev12 cos of all the bugs i heard it has. hope their all fixed this time otherwise i'm staying on r10
Me too, None of my games use usb devices so I haven't worried about that support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: