OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off, specs
unmodded wii, 3.3U.....

I have IOS36 as a wad. I have the cIOS rev5 wad. I do not have Smash Bros or any other IOS36 specific game.

I've tried installing the IOS wad via Wad manager 1.2, got the "-1" error.
Same with cIOS, -1.

Tried it with WAD Installer, nothing.

I've even tried dragging a cIOS rev4 installer into WiiLoad for HBC. That actually starts the installer, BUT after 'checking for IOS36', it bricks out to a core dump screen.

Yes, everything is at the root of the SD card. (and in /wad)

What is it I'm doing wrong? I've searched around this site for 2 days now, and I'm stuck. Someone PLEASE help.

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
is your SD card fat16 format. i think it has to be for the wad installer. a -1 error means it can't mount the filesystem, so i'd guess that's your problem.

droozilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CambridgeGuy said:
is your SD card fat16 format. i think it has to be for the wad installer. a -1 error means it can't mount the filesystem, so i'd guess that's your problem.

I may very well kick myself if it was something so simple.

When I put the card back in my computer the other day, vista did something to it..... bastards!

I knew I should've stuck to using FTPii

droozilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
went and reformated the card, put the files back on, still getting the -1 from wad manager

used panasonic sd formatter to do the job.

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
droozilla said:
went and reformated the card, put the files back on, still getting the -1 from wad manager

used panasonic sd formatter to do the job.
so it's a FAT16 (known as FAT from windows) card, and you've got a folder calls "wad" with wads and nothing else in it? and this is a 2 GB or less card?

i can't think what else could be wrong, to be honest...

droozilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't either, which is why this is frustrating the shit out of me.... especially since everything else runs fine.

I just went and reformatted it with windows formatter, same result.

Should I be using something besids WAD Manager? Maybe wait for a .dol installer for rev5?

And yeah, it's a 2gig kingston.

droozilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to keep the testing going to get to the bottom of this, I installed the patchmii cios clone (which is rev04), and that installed/uninstalled fine.

don't know if that helps any, but i figure every little bit of info can't hurt
tongue.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure your system is clear of any current cIOS 249 (using anytitle deleter), load up wad manager 1.21, not 1.2, and install from wad folder in SD

if you are not using 1.21, or if it says "cIOS is detected" when you load it, your install will probably fail.
if your wad has become corrupt, it will fail
if you are completely out of space/good blocks on your wii, it will probably fail
if your wad or wad folder have the the "archive" or "hidden" bit set, it MAY fail
if you have certain USB devices plugged in, it MAY fail
if you are on a 3.3, who knows? it just may fail...

if none of these help, its not a mystery, you are just SOL
buy a new card, or your SD slot may be bad,
I'd say its the card, cuz you can definitely gank them up with just one bad format....like cameras sometimes eat sd cards like no ones business...scarred for all eternity.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse