Cios patchmii installation problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by abbe009, Nov 6, 2008.

Nov 6, 2008
  1. abbe009
    OP

Newcomer abbe009 Newbie

United States
    Hi guys i have been having trouble with my recently installed homebrew channel, i have the 3,3E firmeware and i have been trying to downgrade it to be able to use all the new wii applications. but for some reason i cant install patchmii. Before the installation starts it reads all the files but a message shows up saying failed -1017 then the wii restarts. I looked everywhere on the internet trying to find a solution to get cios installed so i can downgrade my wii but i did not find anything.
    I tried the wad manger to install it but apparently the firmware stops all wad files. If there is another way to install it plz let me know
    Thanks any help would be appreciated.

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    check that out!

Please don't make me want to kill myself by saying......... (accidently updated my wii)

But either way check that link out [​IMG]

Please tell me your reasons.... as you've obviously updated your wii in the 2 weeks!

3. abbe009
    OP

Newcomer abbe009 Newbie

United States
    XD to be honest i updated it last week after not using my wii for several months, i was going to play brawl against a friend. When i inserted the disc it was unable to read it. lol! here is the funny part i was so stupid to think that if i updated it would work... Then when i was going to try out the the homebrew channel later the same day i saw that i complicated things even more.
    Thanks for the link i hope this will help

4. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany