Hacking cios needed for dvd backups

snap_0714

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi exactly what do i need to do or install to run a backup dvd. dont give me the BS just use usb loader. i am using that but some games i prefer running on dvds.
i used modmii virgin style. all cioses updated. running at 4.3u.
i cannot run it on the disc channel. when i used darkcorp 1.1 i was able to run it on the disc channel i rather use modmii cause it has all the updated cios. so what do i need to run it on the disc channel?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newer Wii systems cannot run DVD backups. If you do not have a newer system, then using cIOS249 with the latest version of NeoGamma should suffice. If you do have a newer Wii, then USB loading is your only option.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
snap_0714 said:
hi exactly what do i need to do or install to run a backup dvd. dont give me the BS just use usb loader. i am using that but some games i prefer running on dvds.
i used modmii virgin style. all cioses updated. running at 4.3u.
i cannot run it on the disc channel. when i used darkcorp 1.1 i was able to run it on the disc channel i rather use modmii cause it has all the updated cios. so what do i need to run it on the disc channel?
If you still favor running game backups via the official disk channel you can install DarkCorp which is the successor to CIOSCorp. As DarkCorp in essence replaces all official IOS

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, snap!
You cant run backups from the disc channel only using Modmii.
Only way to do that, snap, is by installing DarkCorp.
Now, if you use Neogamma, problem solved.
You can install Neogamma as an app from the HBC, or install as a channel from a Neogamma.wad file.

snap_0714

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks to everyone. i guess its a matter of preference. i just recently used modmii and found out that it was so easy to use. but then again darkcorp is good too. as long as it installs everything and then i can update the other cioses. i guess ill mix and match. as for the GX loader yea i know it can read backups there. but its wierd. with modmii it will not load the games. it can read it. it will let me install it but it will not play. when i install the game to a usb drive it works. but on darkcorp i can play it on both the channel and the usb loader. i used neogama before. i didnt like the design of the channel haha. i have never tried the priiloader thing though. is that even safe? i only use priiloader to stop updates and to avoid the health screen

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
snap_0714 said:
thanks to everyone. i guess its a matter of preference. i just recently used modmii and found out that it was so easy to use. but then again darkcorp is good too. as long as it installs everything and then i can update the other cioses. i guess ill mix and match. as for the GX loader yea i know it can read backups there. but its wierd. with modmii it will not load the games. it can read it. it will let me install it but it will not play. when i install the game to a usb drive it works. but on darkcorp i can play it on both the channel and the usb loader. i used neogama before. i didnt like the design of the channel haha. i have never tried the priiloader thing though. is that even safe? i only use priiloader to stop updates and to avoid the health screen
Instead of usbloader GX, try configurable USB loader, or wiiflow.
Also, you know there are tons of different Neogamma channels, right?
You can find a few nice ones here, or you could look on YouTube for one. If it is outdated just use customizemii to make it a forwarder

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
scooby74029 said:
if you really want games running off the disc channel get priiloader and then under settings set the system menu ios to a cios and then bam disc games from the disc channel

No, it will only show the banner. Loading the game is not possible.

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hielkenator said:
scooby74029 said:
if you really want games running off the disc channel get priiloader and then under settings set the system menu ios to a cios and then bam disc games from the disc channel

Unless you enable the system menu hack that boots games using IOS 249

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
person66 said:
Hielkenator said:
scooby74029 said:

No, it will only show you the banner.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
snap_0714 said:
Personal preference and all that so fair enough but why would you prefer to run certain games via disc instead of usb?
Once loaded the experience is identical with the exception of usb being quicker.
Is this just for the games like MPT so you get the proper experience of selecting which game you want to play in a menu rather than loading the dol file? You could do the same with sneek, this would save you hacking your wii to pieces with darkcorp. I've never liked the whole hacking every ios idea, its just asking for trouble

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hielkenator said:
person66 said:
Hielkenator said:
scooby74029 said:

No, it will only show you the banner.
No, It works. I have used it. You have to load the system menu from a cios, and enable the system menu hack that boots games from IOS 249. I have done it and it works as well as rebooting through neogamma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-