Hacking cIOS Installer sources?

twofive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Has someone got sources for cIOS installer by waninkoko or WiiGator?
Just wanna try something very interesting out. (no, not a cIOS by me)

Greez

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
download gamma and then go to "source" and there are the sources of gamma AND cios
wink.gif

twofive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I want to overwrite my IOS36 with cIOS... Is there any direct risk of bricking my Wii or may it be possible to do this?
That would be somethin' like a custom firmware...

Greez

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
twofive said:
I want to overwrite my IOS36 with cIOS... Is there any direct risk of bricking my Wii or may it be possible to do this?

Greez

Just change 249 to 36 in WiiGator's source for this. Maybe you should delete IOS36 before this, i never tried overwriting a IOS, i always deleted the old one first.

PS: If you release this installer, you need to include the source code in the release

vladus2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
currently patchmii and its clones requires IOS36 to run. If you f it up, you may not be able to fix it except maybe deleting and using a disc to update.

I don't think you would brick your WII though.

twofive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
WiiPower said:
twofive said:

Greez

Just change 249 to 36 in WiiGator's source for this. Maybe you should delete IOS36 before this, i never tried overwriting a IOS, i always deleted the old one first.

The multi cIOS installer allows to select the IOS it is installed to, but I can't go lower than IOS55. I'm going to look at the sources to find out where this restriction is.

Deleting isn't possible, because most homebrew apps use it and so I can't even install a new IOS36.

Wish me luck
blink.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
vladus2000 said:
currently patchmii and its clones requires IOS36 to run. If you f it up, you may not be able to fix it except maybe deleting and using a disc to update.

I don't think you would brick your WII though.

No they don't, they work fine if you don't have a IOS36 installed. They only need the files from IOS36, but they get these via wifi, or like WiiGator's installer optionally from sd card.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
twofive said:
The multi cIOS installer allows to select the IOS it is installed to, but I can't go lower than IOS55. I'm going to look at the sources to find out where this restriction is.

Deleting isn't possible, because most homebrew apps use it and so I can't even install a new IOS36.

Wish me luck
blink.gif

That's a "security" restriction i made. I don't want to be resonsible if someone overwrites an important IOS with the installer. You can delete IOS36 and then install the cIOS as IOS36. Everything should work fine after this.

twofive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
WiiPower said:
twofive said:

Wish me luck
blink.gif

That's a "security" restriction i made. I don't want to be resonsible if someone overwrites an important IOS with the installer. You can delete IOS36 and then install the cIOS as IOS36. Everything should work fine after this.

Are you REALLY sure that my system menu is going to work fine if I delete IOS36? It currently runs at 3.2E.

twofive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
nicksasa said:
hmm HBC requires ios36 ... at least for me

Not that big problem. Quickly injecting it into a WAD would do the trick, but I'm not sure which IOS the system menu uses, and if it uses IOS36, it still boots if you just delete it ...

Greez

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
twofive said:
Are you REALLY sure that my system menu is going to work fine if I delete IOS36? It currently runs at 3.2E.

QUOTE(nicksasa @ Dec 22 2008, 10:07 PM) hmm HBC requires ios36 ... at least for me

Until today i had no IOS36 for quite a long time, my HBC used IOS35. Ok now i'm not sure anymore if deleting IOS36 works.

twofive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
WiiPower said:
twofive said:

nicksasa said:
hmm HBC requires ios36 ... at least for me

Until today i had no IOS36 for quite a long time, my HBC used IOS35. Ok now i'm not sure anymore if deleting IOS36 works.

Okay. Can you tell me where you built that restriction in your code? Can't find it. It has to be somewhere in patchmii_core.c, that's for sure, but where?

//EDIT: Just found it.
CODEif ((pressed == WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT) && (OUTPUT_TITLEID_L > 55))

Removing that second clause should do the trick, right?

//EDIT2: Gettin' some errors compiling.
CODE
c:/wiiprojects/source/http.c: In function 'http_request':
c:/wiiprojects/source/http.c:330: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
patches.c
c:/wiiprojects/source/patches.c: In function 'patch_ios37_DI_module':
c:/wiiprojects/source/patches.c:85: warning: implicit declaration of function 'spinner'
patchmii_core.c
c:/wiiprojects/source/patchmii_core.c: In function 'main':
c:/wiiprojects/source/patchmii_core.c:685: error: incompatible type for argument 1 of 'fatUnmount'
c:/wiiprojects/source/patchmii_core.c: In function 'patchmii':
c:/wiiprojects/source/patchmii_core.c:1011: warning: passing argument 5 of 'apply_patch' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
make[1]: *** [patchmii_core.o] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

Any ideas?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You need the old ligogc,libfat,DevkitPPC and DevkitARM, the versions around May. You can find them at sourceforge. I would replace 55 with 36 for your installer.

twofive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I just used WiiGator's installer, setup returned -1. So I deleted IOS36 (When I pressed A I thought I have to be crazy). System Menu still works, Homebrew Channel doesn't. I'm trying to boot cIOS Installer using twilight hack now.

twofive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sucess!

IOS36 installing via Twilight Hack worked. Homebrew Channel works now.
But the Disc Channel doesn't read burned discs... Which IOS is the system menu using?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
twofive said:
Sucess!

IOS36 installing via Twilight Hack worked. Homebrew Channel works now.
But the Disc Channel doesn't read burned discs... Which IOS is the system menu using?

You can't even change the IOS installer completely on your own, you shouldn't mess around with your system menu. Even Forsaken bricked one or two Wiis with this, and HE KNOWS what he is doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill