cIOS 14 can't see HD

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LufianGuy, Aug 21, 2009.

Aug 21, 2009

cIOS 14 can't see HD by LufianGuy at 3:55 PM (1,019 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. LufianGuy
    OP

Member LufianGuy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I did a wad installation of cIOS 14 twice yesterday (had the HD plugged into the usb port that can't detect it the first time, was unplugged the 2nd time).

So now one usb port can't detect my HD but the other can - Meant to be this way
    cIOS rev 10 worked with both usb ports, anything from rev 12(iirc, could have been 11) only works with 1.
    The other port which cant detect the hard drive is used for usb devices such as rockband guitar hero, etc.

I think I have read going back to cIOS 10 will correct this problem.

Questions:
    1. Is it safe to install cIOS while the HD is plugged in? Yes

2. Will going back to cIOS 10 fix the problem? Yes

3. What is the deal with cIOS's 222/223 (what do they do, how to install, etc.)?
    cIOS 222/223 are cIOS's made by Hermes. They are a merge between two IOS's to make one cIOS with the benefits and features of both the IOS's. cIOS 223 is quite useful for games like Rockband that use usb peripherals.

4. Someone told me about having 2 cIOS installed at once (is this safe to do because it sounds awesome?):
    install cIOS_r14 from Wi-Fi and it installs it on IOS249 and IOS250. Then installed cIOS_r10 from .wad and now have cIOS_r10 as IOS249 and cIOS_r14 as IOS250. Use IOS249 for all your games, and when you have troubles with some games like sd gundam g generation wars, set the game to use IOS250 on CFG loader...!!

Please give some answers so I can calm my nerves, thanks a lot!

2. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    its supposed to be this way.

the other port which cant detect the hard drive is used for usb devices for rockband guitar hero ext..

3. geck

Newcomer geck Newbie

United Kingdom
    same thing happened to me, i just reinstalled the old one again and it worked fine

4. LufianGuy
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the answers guys, lets keep em coming.

5. LufianGuy
    OP

United States
    I'll take bumps lol, going to try to research the ones I don't have answered yet.

6. djda

Member djda GBAtemp Regular

Barbados
    cIOS 222/223 are cIOS's made by Hermes they are a merge between two IOS's to make one cIOS with the benefits and features of both the IOS's. So what you want to do is run his cIOS installer and then install

cIOS 222 as ios 36 and 38 merge
    and
    cIOS 223 as ios 36 and 37 merge

Now in all honesty i have never used cIOS 222 as i have not found a use for it but cIOS 223 is quite useful for games like Rockband that use usb peripherals. If you have anymore questions on this let me know and id be happy to answer them

7. LufianGuy
    OP

United States
    I want to thank everyone very much, this is very enlightening for me.

8. ericwi

Newcomer ericwi Newbie

United States
    Do you have any thing else like a network card in the other port?