Homebrew RELEASE Ciconia no Naku Koro ni / Ciconia When They Cry test version on Nintendo Switch

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ciconia no Naku Koro ni / Ciconia When They Cry test version on Nintendo Switch.

Instructions:
1. Download Japanese test version or English test version and extract it
2. Download 1.1.0 wh-dev-switch version of ponscripter-fork
3. Place "ponscripter-fork.nro" in same location as "pscript.dat"
4. Place folder containing "pscript.dat" to "switch" folder located on the SD card root
5. While holding the "R" button on the Joy-Con controller, select "Album" and wait for the HBL program to load
6. Select "PONScripter"

Last edited by uyjulian,

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i've now watched 4 videos and I literally still do not know what this is. Is this an actual game or just a visual novel? And what exactly is this? Is this a translation patch? Is this a commercial game/product patched to english? A demo patched to english?

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the demo for the new visual novel from 07th expansion(makers of Higurashi and Umineko). Haven't downloaded it but it should be a switch port of the demo. It comes in both English and Japanese. Good job on making this, never thought I'd see it on the switch.

Last edited by Daggot,

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
This is the demo for the new visual novel from 07th expansion(makers of Higurashi and Umineko). Haven't downloaded it but it should be a switch port of the demo. It comes in both English and Japanese. Good job on making this, never thought I'd see it on the switch.
Thanks!! This is what I needed xD

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
A friend has tried this PONScripter port for several other games - and it works great - but most PONS games were in the 4:3 ratio, and this port stretches them. I'd suggest a ratio toggle option.
Currently, I do not have any plans to reimplement a windowing system. If you want a custom ratio size, I suggest that you compile and run PONscripter in Switch Linux.

CrAZONE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great work there! I have some questions, though.
1. Why is your fork "based" on Sekai Project's and not chrono's? chrono's fork is the one that Ciconia uses and the one that generally works better.
2. Why aren't issues allowed in your GitHub page? I understand that you may not be interested in answering them, but other people may do I think you should at least allow them.
3. How can you compile this? What packages and library I need?
4. Maybe I'm asking too much, but is there any way to get buttons/controls work with Ciconia? It would be great to be able to read Ciconia with the joycons only and not having to use the touchscreen.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
1. It might help if you look at the network graph.
2. The port is not supported by me.
3. You can compile with dependencies installed from dkp-pacman. It might help if you read the Makefile.
4. The controller support is the same as the original engine.

CrAZONE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1. Looked at it and still don't understand what you mean.
2. What do you mean by "not supported by you"?
3. What dependencies tho? I'm on Arch Linux, have Devkitpro, libnx and various switch dependencies and it still didn't compile.
Thanks for answering!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OKay, nvm about the third point. I actually looked well through the GitHub and found out the wh-dev-switch. Just had to make -f libnx.Makefile platform=switch there and I was golden.

Last edited by CrAZONE,

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
1. Looked at it and still don't understand what you mean.
2. What do you mean by "not supported by you"?
3. What dependencies tho? I'm on Arch Linux, have Devkitpro, libnx and various switch dependencies and it still didn't compile.
Thanks for answering!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OKay, nvm about the third point. I actually looked well through the GitHub and found out the wh-dev-switch. Just had to make -f libnx.Makefile platform=switch there and I was golden.
1. https://github.com/uyjulian/ponscripter-fork/network
2. It means that I don't support it.

CrAZONE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What exactly means "you aren't supporting it"? As I said, I get that you don't care about it and don't want anything to do with it, but other people may help so I think there's nothing with letting the issues enabled. I really can't see the problem here.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
What exactly means "you aren't supporting it"? As I said, I get that you don't care about it and don't want anything to do with it, but other people may help so I think there's nothing with letting the issues enabled. I really can't see the problem here.
I don't want any issues relating to it in my mailbox.
Upstream ONScripter recently added support for proportional scripts, so I am no longer supporting it.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Someone know why it is not working correctly for higurashi ?

For the opening : No sound, bad size for the switch screen, can't even touch the screen to skip

In game : I don't even have my save file, I can't even pass the first paragraph

Last edited by Kanakops,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)