Homebrew CIAS not working need help

R0tt19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded and installed some games like pokemon UM and detective pikachu and they will not start. I got them from villian3ds and they show up on my 3ds but they do not work. I'm on the latest firmware and im on an old 2ds. Is there a way to get them to work? The region is all.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not PirateTemp or that iso site ya know. But then again this forum seems to be opened towards piracy discussion as long as something isn't shared.
I guess only reddit and discord are strict about it, since gbatep is its own website. Well, carry on never mind me.

As an answer, I really don't see why a game wouldn't work. But then I've never heard of that tool before.

Last edited by MattKimura,
Reactions: AdenTheThird

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I downloaded and installed some games like pokemon UM and detective pikachu and they will not start. I got them from villian3ds and they show up on my 3ds but they do not work. I'm on the latest firmware and im on an old 2ds. Is there a way to get them to work? The region is all.
When you install newer games from CIAs you also have to install the seed key (FBI can get the seed key from the servers and install it)
If you used FreeShop instead it would do that automatically.

Reactions: AdenTheThird

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't remember what the option is called but I think you go into titles in FBI and select the game and there should be an option to install the seed there (requires internet connection)

For the record I recommend FreeShop since it basically does the same thing as Villain3DS directly on the 3DS so you don't have to download the CIA and transfer it across before installing, it's all done at the same time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c