CIA theme disappearing after using Pokemon Bank?!

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by GalladeGuy, Oct 1, 2016.

1. GalladeGuy
    OP

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Every time I exit Pokemon Bank, my custom theme CIA uninstalls and my theme goes away. It has also happened when I power down while playing SSB4. I'm really confused. I'm on an 11.1U Luma3DS emuNAND. (N3DS)

Last edited by GalladeGuy, Oct 1, 2016
  2. Deck of Noobs

Deck of Noobs Politically Incorrect

Apr 9, 2016
    United States
    3ds.guide
    That's normal, going on eShop deletes your CIA themes

3. GalladeGuy
    OP

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Is there any way around it though?

4. Deck of Noobs

Apr 9, 2016
    United States
    3ds.guide
    Maybe don't use eShop? lol

5. GalladeGuy
    OP

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    I don't. I'm talking about Pokemon Bank.

6. Deck of Noobs

Apr 9, 2016
    United States
    3ds.guide
    Hmm...maybe it's connected to eShop...use PHbank instead, it's better

7. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Try using CHMM2.

8. GalladeGuy
    OP

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    I'm only using it for the free pokemon.

9. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Somewhere
    There's a way to prevent it, but not to fix it. I'll explain how DLC and the eShop interacts since there's little knowledge about it, keep in mind 3DS themes act like they were DLCs.

Whenever the console needs to retrieve DLCs for a certain title, if your NNID doesn't have one, the console creates a ticket for it, which specifies what DLC you have purchased, so the first time you go into a DLC Shop (or in your case, the theme manager) it creates an empty DLC ticket and gets registered with your NNID. Whenever you use your NNID outside of online gaming (Pokebank, logging into eShop, updating games) the console installs the tickets registered in your NNID, and overrides the "pirated" tickets, if you have one.

So in your situation this is what happens, when you install your custom CIAs, FBI/Devmenu installs the themes in the SD, and a ticket specifying that you own those custom themes, but when you log into your NNID, the original ticket that says you own nothing get installed, and your console stop recognizing you have them (They should still be installed in your console though).

The only way to avoid this is to have installed the pirated ticket before visiting the theme manager (in other words, before letting the 3DS create an empty ticket), the 3DS recognize you have a ticket and doesn't create a new, empty one, the pirated ticket doesn't get registered in your NNID, but it doesn't register a new one either. Thus avoiding the eShop deleting the pirated ticket.

Since you already have the empty ticket registered in your NNID, you will have to either create a new NNID account, or keep the custom theme CIA or ticket in your SD card and reinstall whenever you log into your NNID.

(By the way, this is just information I have recollected while reading the scarce info about DLCs in GBATemp and testing I did on my own).

jagerstaffel likes this.