Hacking CIA Questions

X3Quest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
After I installed devmenu using Palantine CFW and the launcher.dat. Installed devmenu after that i cannot go inside emunand launch gateway mode and it when black screen.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CFW is very buggy. It sounds like the emunand is corrupted so you will have to format it and try again, unfortunately.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Of course you can't get into Gateway mode. You don't need the CFW if you have Gateway (unless you want to extract save data from cartridges)
It's either Emunand or CFW. You have to pick one.

X3Quest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sir piratesephiroth how am i suppose to use savedata filler?

i saw people using devmenu and savedata filler with gateway

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i saw people using devmenu and savedata filler with gateway
Using Gateway you can only use SavaDataFiler with Card2 games (games with big save files, like Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Tomodachi Life, Fantasy Life) and eshop games (or 3DS games converted to CIA and installed on the SD card).
It's very simple to use. You have the options to export and import user data.
The first tab shows the games and the last tab shows what you have transfered to the SD card.
There are instructions on the upper screen.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm having quite a hard time understanding what I'm supposed to do here, I hope you guys can help me clear things. I have a PAL 3DS with Gateway, the usual. What am I supposed to do in order to play my JAP backup of MH4G online? Follow the CFW guide or just convert the game from .3DS to .CIA? Can this also give me access to JAP eShop or have I misunderstood?
Hope somebody can help.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having quite a hard time understanding what I'm supposed to do here, I hope you guys can help me clear things. I have a PAL 3DS with Gateway, the usual. What am I supposed to do in order to play my JAP backup of MH4G online? Follow the CFW guide or just convert the game from .3DS to .CIA? Can this also give me access to JAP eShop or have I misunderstood?
Hope somebody can help.
If you dumped it from a cartridge then you don't need to do anything. It'll go online if you rename it from .3ds to .3dz
Unless it requires an update to go online (which I don't believe it does, but I could be wrong).
Then you need to find a cia file of the update and install it using BigBlueBox's devmenu

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you dumped it from a cartridge then you don't need to do anything. It'll go online if you rename it from .3ds to .3dz
Unless it requires an update to go online (which I don't believe it does, but I could be wrong).
Then you need to find a cia file of the update and install it using BigBlueBox's devmenu

Thanks a bunch for the reply. Anyway no, I just downloaded it from a website because I'm lazy, is it still the same thing or do I have to get my cartridge out? Let's say I don't want to have the updates for now, I just rename .3ds to .3dz and go online? That's it?
Again thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol