Gaming .cia error!

Yung_Shyne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happens with Tekken Prime and Samus Returns. I downloaded multiple files for each game. what can i do?

Attachments

• 3dserror.jpg
    3dserror.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 920
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i know which error is mine?
Each game that doesn't work has to be troubleshooted case-by-case.

Edit - You can sometimes sort of know by the (1) region difference of game vs firmware and/or (2) titleid vs seed list. The other ideas are one time done deals that cover all bases.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Yung_Shyne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Each game that doesn't work has to be troubleshooted case-by-case.

Edit - You can sometimes sort of know by the (1) region difference of game vs firmware and/or (2) titleid vs seed list. The other ideas are one time done deals that cover all bases.
Make sure you enable game patching in an up-to-date Luma, which is v8.1.1 right now (hold Select on boot, then press Start to save the config after turning it on)

Run FBI, press A on TitleDB with Wi-Fi on, download LumaLocaleSwitcher-Rvn and change Samus Returns to USA region, EN language (Or whatever applies in this case)

I did the first paragraph of this. what does the second paragraph mean? Where is lumalocaleswitcher? or what is titledb

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you enable game patching in an up-to-date Luma, which is v8.1.1 right now (hold Select on boot, then press Start to save the config after turning it on)

Run FBI, press A on TitleDB with Wi-Fi on, download LumaLocaleSwitcher-Rvn and change Samus Returns to USA region, EN language (Or whatever applies in this case)

I did the first paragraph of this. what does the second paragraph mean? Where is lumalocaleswitcher? or what is titledb
Luma 8.1.1 isn't up to date. The latest version as of this post is 10.1.3.

Yung_Shyne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma 8.1.1 isn't up to date. The latest version as of this post is 10.1.3.
i homebrewed a few days ago. so im probably up to date. maybe that info is out of date. i'd like to change the region of a specific game. i enabled game patching in luma. is that it?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is no mention of TitleDB in that post.

Each bulletin point is its own troubleshooting method. They're grouped together with sub-bulletins and separated by double spacing.

Out-of-region games that crashes may need locale emulation, which requires both (1) enabled game patching and (2) their accompanying locale.txt.

Not all out-of-region games require locale emulation. Only setup those that crashes at launch or not far in-game play.

LumaLocaleSwitcher is a homebrew app that automates handling locale.txt instead of doing it manually by computer and text editor.

If your installed games are on that SeedDB list, you might have downloaded a CIA that hasn't been fully decrypted. You install the missing seed with FBI while connected to the internet to fix that last layer of encryption.

Latest version of Luma3DS is v10.1.3. Replace your outdated boot.firm on the SD card.

i homebrewed a few days ago. so im probably up to date. maybe that info is out of date. i'd like to change the region of a specific game. i enabled game patching in luma. is that it?

You'll need to update your custom firmware and SD setup from the official [3ds.hacks.guide].
  1. Updating B9S
  2. Finalizing Setup

Yung_Shyne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no mention of TitleDB in that post.

Each bulletin point is its own troubleshooting method. They're grouped together with sub-bulletins and separated by double spacing.

Out-of-region games that crashes may need locale emulation, which requires both (1) enabled game patching and (2) their accompanying locale.txt.

Not all out-of-region games require locale emulation. Only setup those that crashes at launch or not far in-game play.

LumaLocaleSwitcher is a homebrew app that automates handling locale.txt instead of doing it manually by computer and text editor.

If your installed games are on that SeedDB list, you might have downloaded a CIA that hasn't been fully decrypted. You install the missing seed with FBI while connected to the internet to fix that last layer of encryption.

Latest version of Luma3DS is v10.1.3. Replace your outdated boot.firm on the SD card.

You'll need to update your custom firmware and SD setup from the official [3ds.hacks.guide].
  1. Updating B9S
  2. Finalizing Setup

• Some out-of-region games require Luma3DS Locale Emulation.
    • Turn on the 3DS system hold (SELECT) → Luma3DS v#.# configuration (x) Enable game patching
    • sdmc:/luma/titles/00040000XXXXXXXX/locale.txt
    • Code:
      RRR LL
      • [ RRR = region | LL = language ]
  • LumaLocaleSwitcher - An app that handles creating and editing the locale.txt.
  • [hax0kartik.github.io] 3dsdb - game database: name, titleid, size, product code, region
i wanna try this. so do i download lumalocaleswitcher cia and put it in here: sdmc:/luma/titles/00040000XXXXXXXX/locale.txt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip-

i wanna try this. so do i download lumalocaleswitcher cia and put it in here: sdmc:/luma/titles/00040000XXXXXXXX/locale.txt
You install *.cia homebrew apps or games onto HOME Menu with FBI. You can also install the *.3dsx version of the app that's accessed by Rosalina menu injection of Homebrew Launcher.

00040000XXXXXXXX is the subfolder of an arbitrary game named by its TitleID. The CIA file is not put in there, but the locale.txt text file is.

The RRR LL (region language) is by that game's region and language of choice, not the firmware's. Only select values the game contains.

For example, I wouldn't install the (EUR) version of Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask 3D on my USA firmware and then assign the locale.txt to be "JPN KO".

It would be,
  • "EUR EN" - Europe English
  • "EUR FR" - Europe French
  • "EUR DE" - Europe German
  • etc.
As was linked in that bulletin, see the Luma3DS wiki page Optional Features for more info.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Yung_Shyne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You install *.cia homebrew apps or games onto HOME Menu with FBI. You can also install the *.3dsx version of the app that's accessed by Rosalina menu injection of Homebrew Launcher.

00040000XXXXXXXX is the subfolder of an arbitrary game named by its TitleID. The CIA file is not put in there, but the locale.txt text file is.

The RRR LL (region language) is by that game's region and language of choice, not the firmware's. Only select values the game contains.

For example, I wouldn't install the (EUR) version of Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask 3D on my USA firmware and then assign the locale.txt to be "JPN KO".

It would be,
  • "EUR EN" - Europe English
  • "EUR FR" - Europe French
  • "EUR DE" - Europe German
  • etc.
As was linked in that bulletin, see the Luma3DS wiki page Optional Features for more info.
okay so even if the .cia is Metroid - Samus Returns (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Nl).cia i still have to create a .txt file and write EUR EN in the 00040000XXXXXXXX
is that literally all that i have to do?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so even if the .cia is Metroid - Samus Returns (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Nl).cia i still have to create a .txt file and write EUR EN in the 00040000XXXXXXXX
is that literally all that i have to do?
Those listed problems or bulletin points aren't mutually exclusive. That means it's possible to have two (2) or more hurdles that prevents one from playing their game of choice.

In this particular instance playing Metroid - Samus Returns (EUR) on (USA) firmware, that game has a TitleID of 00040000001BFB00.

When crossed referenced against those websites listed in that post,
  • compatible only on 3DS firmware 11.4.0E or newer (3dsdb.com).
  • requires installing the missing seed (SeedDB list).
    • Seed are only needed for digital versions of the game dumped from Nintendo CDN server. Does not apply for game cart .3DS roms converted to .CIA.
  • might need the assistance of locale emulation as it's an out-of-region game; does not match region with the 3DS firmware (hax0kartik.github.io/3dsdb).
    • Luma3DS v10.1.3 configuration has this option checked marked: (x) Enable game patching
    • sdmc:/luma/titles/00040000001BFB00/locale.txt
    • The text file (locale.txt) has this written inside to denote Europe region and English language.
      • Code:
        EUR EN

Words of advice,
  1. Try sticking to downloading and installing games from the same region as the 3DS firmware
  2. You can keep a collection of seeds on the SD card. This takes care of FBI installing CIAs of unknown seed status.
  3. There may be times you'll find leaked roms that are simply bad dumps. Clean .3DS dumps can be verified by their CRC-32 hashes.
    • * Rom information look-up & reference: ADVANsCEne , DAT-o-MATIC , Renascene , 3dsdb.com , hax0kartik.github.io/3dsdb
      • * These do not host, share, or distribute copyright material or warez.
      • Terms & Rules. No asking others for download links or to share their dumps. Pirate on your own.
    • Install 7-Zip → right mouse click on the .3DS rom → CRC SHA

Yung_Shyne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those listed problems or bulletin points aren't mutually exclusive. That means it's possible to have two (2) or more hurdles that prevents one from playing their game of choice.

In this particular instance playing Metroid - Samus Returns (EUR) on (USA) firmware, that game has a TitleID of 00040000001BFB00.

When crossed referenced against those websites listed in that post,
  • compatible only on 3DS firmware 11.4.0E or newer (3dsdb.com).
  • requires installing the missing seed (SeedDB list).
    • Seed are only needed for digital versions of the game dumped from Nintendo CDN server. Does not apply for game cart .3DS roms converted to .CIA.
  • might need the assistance of locale emulation as it's an out-of-region game; does not match region with the 3DS firmware (hax0kartik.github.io/3dsdb).
    • Luma3DS v10.1.3 configuration has this option checked marked: (x) Enable game patching
    • The text file (locale.txt) has this written inside to denote Europe region and English language.
      • Code:
        EUR EN
Words of advice,
  1. Try sticking to downloading and installing games from the same region as the 3DS firmware
  2. You can keep a collection of seeds on the SD card. This takes care of FBI installing CIAs of unknown seed status.
  3. There may be times you'll find leaked roms that are simply bad dumps. Clean .3DS dumps can be verified by their CRC-32 hashes.
    • * Rom information look-up & reference: ADVANsCEne , DAT-o-MATIC , Renascene , 3dsdb.com , hax0kartik.github.io/3dsdb
      • * These do not host, share, or distribute copyright material or warez.
      • Terms & Rules. No asking others for download links or to share their dumps. Pirate on your own.
    • Install 7-Zip → right mouse click on the .3DS rom → CRC SHA
i tried this luma/titles/00040000000000 but it it stops at payloads. and i have hidden files checked. i put the seeddb list in my sd root.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried this luma/titles/00040000000000 but it it stops at payloads. and i have hidden files checked. i put the seeddb list in my sd root.
Those subfolders are created yourself when putting the locale.txt in the specified location, or have the LumaLocaleSwitcher app do it for you.

Adding the seeddb.bin to the root of the SD card does absolutely nothing. FBI can't use or install seeds in that format. Break up the seeddb.bin into individual *.dat files with the hydroseed program and add the output fbi folder to the SD card.
  • Any games that are installed but need a seed still requires you manually import it in FBITitlesExample GameImport Seed.
  • Any future games will have their seeds automatically imported upon installation so long as those sdmc:/fbi/seed/00040000XXXXXXXX.dat files are in place.

Yung_Shyne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those subfolders are created yourself when putting the locale.txt in the specified location, or have the LumaLocaleSwitcher app do it for you.

Adding the seeddb.bin to the root of the SD card does absolutely nothing. FBI can't use or install seeds in that format. Break up the seeddb.bin into individual *.dat files with the hydroseed program and add the output fbi folder to the SD card.
  • Any games that are installed but need a seed still requires you manually import it in FBITitlesExample GameImport Seed.
  • Any future games will have their seeds automatically imported upon installation so long as those sdmc:/fbi/seed/00040000XXXXXXXX.dat files are in place.
i created a folder named FBI in my root, then title. i gotta go back and get the game name. in the game name folder i will put the seedsource.txt. not sure if i did the hydroseed program right
this is what my seedsource.txt looks like:
http://3ds.titlekeys.gq/seeddb
https://api.qrserver.com/v1/create-qr-code/?data=ESHOP://50010000007445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i created a folder named FBI in my root, then title. i gotta go back and get the game name. in the game name folder i will put the seedsource.txt. not sure if i did the hydroseed program right
this is what my seedsource.txt looks like:
-snip-
Why didn't you download the seeddb.bin provided in ihaveamac's SeedDB list website? It's the one in the blue link...

Splitting or extracting the individual *.dat files is super easy to do. Unless you have a Mac, Linux, or Chrome computer, all you have to do is mouse click drag and drop that seeddb.bin onto the hydroseed.exe. The program will then automatically make that fbi folder, which is then to be copied onto the SD card.

Again, those *.dat files are for importing seeds without internet connection or whenever installing a new .CIA game of unknown seed status.

Yung_Shyne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why didn't you download the seeddb.bin provided in ihaveamac's SeedDB list website? It's the one in the blue link...

Splitting or extracting the individual *.dat files is super easy to do. Unless you have a Mac, Linux, or Chrome computer, all you have to do is mouse click drag and drop that seeddb.bin onto the hydroseed.exe. The program will then automatically make that fbi folder, which is then to be copied onto the SD card.

Again, those *.dat files are for importing seeds without internet connection or whenever installing a new .CIA game of unknown seed status.
ahh, well im barely keeping up honestly. but i have the copy of the fbi folder on my sd root. not sure what the last thing you said means. to my understanding, my game needs whats in the fbi folder and im filling the gap. so what happens now that i have this fbi folder on my root?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so this https://api.qrserver.com/v1/create-qr-code/?data=ESHOP://50010000007445 is the import seed i need to put in the fbi file. in a .txt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh, well im barely keeping up honestly. but i have the copy of the fbi folder on my sd root. not sure what the last thing you said means. to my understanding, my game needs whats in the fbi folder and im filling the gap. so what happens now that i have this fbi folder on my root?

so this https://api.qrserver.com/v1/create-qr-code/?data=ESHOP://50010000007445 is the import seed i need to put in the fbi file. in a .txt

This is the individual seed for Metroid: Samus Returns (EUR). It is pulled from the seeddb.bin with that hydroseed program, and it's to be placed at that directory on the SD card.

SD card:/
fbi/
seed/
00040000001BFB00.dat
The .DAT files are only 16 bytes each. FBI doesn't use seeds in .TXT format.

Once you have that game's .DAT on the SD card in that exact location, you can then import the missing seed.
  • FBITitlesMetroid: Samus ReturnsImport Seed
  • Internet connection is not required when the .DAT is present.

That QR code is another way of downloading and installing the seed via:
  • FBIRemote Install Scan QR Code → <point the back camera at the QR code while connected to Internet>

I don't recommend the QR code method as you can do the same thing like the first above without the .DAT if your 3DS is connected to the Internet.

For the out-of-region game aspect, you'll also need this file.

luma/
titles/
00040000001BFB00/
locale.txt

Written inside that locale.txt using a text editor like Notepad is this.
  • Code:
    EUR EN

Because creating those nested folders and manually typing out the locale.txt is tedious, you can do the same thing instead with the LumaLocaleSwitcher app.

In order to signal Luma3DS when to use the locale.txt for that game, the (x) Enable game patching has to be turned on in the Luma3DS v10.1.3 configuration.

Yung_Shyne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the individual seed for Metroid: Samus Returns (EUR). It is pulled from the seeddb.bin with that hydroseed program, and it's to be placed at that directory on the SD card.

fbi/
seed/
00040000001BFB00.dat
The .DAT files are only 16 bytes each. FBI doesn't use seeds in .TXT format.

Once you have that game's .DAT on the SD card in that exact location, you can then import the missing seed.
  • FBITitlesMetroid: Samus ReturnsImport Seed
  • Internet connection is not required when the .DAT is present.

That QR code is another way of downloading and installing the seed via:
  • FBIRemote Install Scan QR Code → <point the back camera at the QR code while connected to Internet>

I don't recommend the QR code method as you can do the same thing like the first above without the .DAT if your 3DS is connected to the Internet.

For the out-of-region game aspect, you'll also need this file.

luma/
titles/
00040000001BFB00/
locale.txt

Written inside that locale.txt using a text editor like Notepad is this.
  • Code:
    EUR EN

Because creating those nested folders and manually typing out the locale.txt is tedious, you can do the same thing instead with the LumaLocaleSwitcher app.

In order to signal Luma3DS when to use the locale.txt for that game, the (x) Enable game patching has to be turned on in the Luma3DS v10.1.3 configuration.
i imported the seed and it still didnt work. i set the game region to JP like my 3ds and language to english. thanks for helping tho!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i imported the seed and it still didnt work. i set the game region to JP like my 3ds and language to english. thanks for helping tho!
The region value in the locale.txt isn't set to the region of the 3DS firmware but what is that game's retail region.

00040000001BFB00 is the EUR version of Metroid: Samus Returns.

00040000001BB200 is the USA version of Metroid: Samus Returns.

If you were to install the USA version of that game on your 3DS system running on Japanese firmware 11.13.0-45J, you would want the locale text like this:
  • sdmc:/luma/titles/00040000001BB200/locale.txt
  • Code:
    USA EN

00040000001BFC00 is the JPN version of Metroid: Samus Returns (メトロイド サムスリターンズ).

If I were to install the JPN version of the game on my USA n3DSXL running North American firmware 11.13.0-45U, I would want the locale text like this:
  • sdmc:/luma/titles/00040000001BFC00/locale.txt
  • Code:
    JPN JP

Likewise, someone with a native EUR n2DSXL running European firmware 11.13.0-45E would also want the locale text for Metroid: Samus Returns (JPN) exactly the same way.
  • sdmc:/luma/titles/00040000001BFC00/locale.txt
  • Code:
    JPN JP

A person in Korea with a Korean n3DSXL running Korean firmware 11.13.0-45K who wants to play the EUR version of that game? Yup, it would be like this:
  • Code:
    EUR FR
  • Instead of EN, this person wants to play it in FR for French language.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife