Chrono Trigger DS (USA) - Corrupted Saves keep Happening!

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Raiser, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Raiser
    OP

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    I've recently gotten a FIXED version of CT (USA) from a particular romsite *I WISH I could give the name [​IMG]*.
    It has already been patched with a fix of the anti-piracy thing, but I don't know which patch.

But what has happened is that several times when I play, save it and shut off my DS and turn it back on. It says that my save files are corrupted and I'm forced to delete them. This has happened to me once when I beat the Church part early in the game, and once again after I saved outside Area (Lab) 16. I really want to play this game (it's AWESOME), but I just know that my saves are going to get corrupted again. I backup my save files but when I replace them, it doesn't work. O.o

I'm using a SUPERCARD DS (ONE). Has anyone else had this problem?
    If anyone is also using this, can you report if you have had any save issues? And which type of ROM ((J) or (U)) they are using, what patch files, etc they are using, and what SD card settings they are using (Enable Cheat, Enable Reset, etc.). Also if anyone used the cheat posted on this forum or the Supercard DS (ONE) update for this or both. If so, how do you update the firmware again?

Please note that it might be the ROM that I'm using (it was pre-patched with an unknown anti-piracy bypass patch, but odds are that it's the same one on this forum; maybe not)

Thanks a lot!!! (:

2. iPikachu

Member iPikachu C3's personal flamebot and fail artist

Singapore
    use the cheat??? and use a clean rom??

3. Raiser
    OP

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    xD Thanks for the quick response.
    But if someone knew what was wrong so I won't do it again or if someone also has a SCDS1 who has no problems, I would prefer that. >.<
    Do I use the cheat WITH the SC update or just the cheat?

4. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    The patch that was distributed with the ROM will not work on every flashcart and has been know to corrupt files on the MicroSD card. I suggest you patch the game yourself with DSATM.