Gaming Chrono Trigger DS (u) randomly crashes

rizoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I don't thing this has anything to do with the anti-piracy thing from squeenix. I can safely say that because I've used both the patched version and the unpatched version with cheat codes enabled, and they got me past the parts where the anti-piracy thing comes into play. But the problem is that the games 'randomly' hangs during the start of battles. It happens when my party encounters enemy(s) -- the game hangs up before chrono unsheathes his sabre and the battle screen shows up on the lower (touch) screen.

The bizarre part is it happens absolutely randomly, and restarting doesn't help either -- the game keep hanging whenever I initiate a battle. The even bizarrer part is that most of the times the game goes back to play normally later (on the day or next day) on, only to hang randomly in the start of another battle.

I've combed the whole Internet and couldn't find a single mention of the issue I'm having, which makes this post is a result of desperation. I'm using a R4DS flashcard with the firmware v1.18.

Any suggestions, or anything that can remotely be of any any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

mojostyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might want to try the alternate system menu for the R4, Here's a link on the how to guide. It takes a lil work on your end, but is up to date.

rizoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I've checked all the guides for the alternate system menus and it all just seems like too much of a work so I've put it away so far. I guess its about time I did this.

and elixirdream, the first thing that came to mind was there was problem with my rom so I downloaded two other roms from different sources, but the game still randomly hung up in the usual fashion. Then I thought there was a problem with my savegame so I restarted the game twice, but that didn't help either.

So reckon switching the system menu is the only solution. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol