ROM Hack Chrono Trigger DS (translation) - Polish characters

ShinjiFaraday

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've tried to do some research on translating DS version of Chrono Trigger into Polish, but I've hit a brick wall - I can't seem to find the characters specific to our language, like ł, ź, ć and such. From what I've read, SNES translation got around it by creating a new font that already had the characters included. I've tried to search in the codes around other language specific characters, but I haven't found what I've been looking for. Was my search not thorough enough, or are they not in the game after all? If so, is there any way to work around it, other than using the SNES version? If it's of any help, I've been trying to use the Chrono Translation tool that was posted on this forum a while ago.

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Last edited by plasturion,

ShinjiFaraday

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Discord_2017-11-20_11-59-01.png

The font editor helped a lot - I replaced some special characters from other languages with polish ones and they seem to work fine both in game and in editor I'm currently using. Thanks for the help!

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You're welcome, good job, that's great to see polish fonts in ds version. Do you plan to translate this game from scratch or transfer text from SNES translation (this option seems to be quite fast with some dedicated tools and is better to ask mziab first)?

Last edited by plasturion,

ShinjiFaraday

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd rather do my own translation. After checking the text a few times, I might consider comparing it to mziab's translation before releasing a "full" version. Still, there's a long way to go before I should start thinking about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water