Chrono Trigger DS Save Editor

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by JinTrigger, Jan 4, 2012.

Jan 4, 2012
  1. JinTrigger
    OP

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    Ok so here my situation...After 4+ years of losing game saves, losing flash carts, and other out-the-ordinary incidents I have finally beaten Chrono Trigger on my PSP (of course it was the PS1 version), but as it is my all time favorite game of all time, I'm not ready to put it down yet. I'm not quite ready to play through it again to get other endings and my Chrono is not ready to face Lavos alone and I'm not ready for my low level run through.....So it came to me when I thought about the extra shit included in the DS verison....but once again I dont wanna play through the game all over again....

So, more to the point, is there a way I can edit a DS Chrono Trigger save to make it exactly like my PS1 save so I can run through the dimensional vortex and fight time devourer with my PS1 team. I honestly don't care how I can achieve this....whether there be some kind of save editor for the DS or I have to do it manually with codes....

2. Auryn

Member Auryn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    Why spend time on trying to edit a savegame when you can download a savegame that allow you to do what you want??
    DS:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/950181-chrono-trigger/saves

PS:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/562913-chrono-trigger/saves

And by the way: if "it is my all time favorite game of all time" but "I'm not quite ready to play through it again to get other endings and my Chrono is not ready to face Lavos alone and I'm not ready for my low level run through" I think it's not really your favorite game after all. For a favorite game of all times, you need alot of time and you don't want to put it down so if you have a low lever Crono, you really just rushed thue the game and probably with a playerguide. A normal playthrough should let you with a Crono almost ready to fight Lavos alone.

1 person likes this.
  3. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    Ok thanks for not only answering my question, but telling me what's not my favorite video game......I want to play with an exact replica of MY save cause its holds all MY hard work and I dont want to use others saves.

I play games normally for the story so I have a habit of running through games, but I didn't really do that with Chrono Trigger and I dont want to run through the game again because I just freaking finished it,'

So again I ask...is there some way to edit a DS save game and if not thank you.

4. Fyrus

Member Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

France
    There is a save editor with some RPG games of the DS somewhere around the forums, which I believe also have Chrono Trigger.

5. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    Does anyone know where this is located...I tried searching for it and found nothing

6. Auryn

Member Auryn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    Well, i will not answer you again and tell you use google. There are save games editors around but for the snes version and you need to do all the work.

7. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    Well can someone at least help me generate some codes to help me out with this endeavor. I mean this may seem completely pointless and stupid to some, but this is something I actually would like to do because again, I spent a lot of time on my PS1 Chrono Trigger and I, in a sense, am attach to it and it won't be the same if I run through it again (esp. since I know what to do)

8. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    hey Auryn ever think that if you don't have an answer that maybe you shouldn't?

back on topic... there is a company that specializes in making save editors. Unfortunately the software even though its in Japanese its pretty user friendly. Look up vector and save editors... I don't know about the progress that may have been made on editing the save game editor generator. But I do know that there is software to do this. Now if you were interested in starting up an actual save editor on your own without the help of miscellaneous software and you have some skill with programming there is another way to go about doing this.

You download every save file you can find out there. make sure to convert them to one unified format. first identify the stuff you can get right out of the way: names money, item notation in inventory, etc. if you are having trouble do a file compare. note in game what every save game has in detail then when you go in and do a compare you can start to narrow down what is what in the save file. then its just writing up the program to edit the various areas that match up to what you found out. (no the only guide I could find was in japanese and is beyond my capabilities to translate).
    now this same process can also be used in an emulator to create action replay codes. Same method compare the difference between save files while playing and using a memory viewer to narrow down the differences... this is going to be real useful in narrowing down inventory stuff. eliminate the stat stuff first and be aware that inventory stuff is usually quite a bit tougher to narrow down. for info on ar code making head over to Kodewerx.

but that being said a quick google search turned up these arcodes (for NA):
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

1 person likes this.
  9. Auryn
    This message by Auryn has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 9, 2016.
    Jan 8, 2012
  10. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the advice Rastsan....I'll look for what you were talking about and if not I'll see if I can hook up with my friends to make a save editor or just go the AR code way.....and ignore Auryn....I can tell he is just a smart ass noob