Chrono Trigger DS Piracy Check Bypass Cheat problem!

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by KeithNJ, Dec 14, 2008.

1. KeithNJ
    OP

Newcomer KeithNJ Member

United Kingdom
    Well, I downloaded GBATemp's huge cheat archive yesterday, when I loaded up Chrono trigger, there was no cheats tab under it, so I opened up the list in r4cce, put in my ROMs ID (YQUJ-0B43DC74) and renamed my Rom to Chrono Trigger DS (U), and then tried. the Cheats turn up, and I try the Non-M3 real version first, It freezes when I try to go to the 2nd area of Leene Square (Where you meet Marle), I try it with the M3 Real version, same results. So I turn them codes off, and turn on the force-save cheat, and save next to Lucca's teleportation pod, then exit, turn the cheat on. it loads, but When Chrono travels to the past, it's a black screen with music instead of the mode 7 swirlyness that it usually locked up on. What am I doing wrong?

2. KeithNJ
    OP

Newcomer KeithNJ Member

United Kingdom
    I figured it out a few hours ago, i'm such an idiot... the ID Should've given away that i'm using the jap rom. I found the code for the jap fix and am now playing this awesome game, I hate the way the saving works though, as I just beat the dragon tank, got to the future and there were no immediate save patches.

3. SCVgeo

Member SCVgeo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You can save any time you are in the overworld. Just exit what ever building or area you are in and you can save there.

4. Valitoria

Newcomer Valitoria Newbie

Philippines
    So where is a code to bypass this kind of protection for NO$GBA?