GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Important Edit: You may want to ignore this topic and read my other one first:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=104002

Square Enix updated their official US website today (September 6) to say that the NA date is STILL November 25. It might be better to trust the November date since it came from the official website:

http://na.square-enix.com/ctds/

*END EDIT*

There's a possibility that Chrono Trigger DS has now been pushed back until 2009.
cry.gif
At least this appears to be the case for the US release. We already know that the Europe version isn't coming till 2009, and Japan's version was announced for November 27 without a delay confirmation so far. So maybe we'll at least get a Japanese version soon enough.

But here's the evidence:

14tlpxt.png

Apparently, this is an email that Square-Enix has sent out to people.
Amazon has also delayed the date to December 30 on their page for the game:

Chrono Trigger DS on Amazon

I wouldn't trust Amazon over SE of course, but they seem to have confirmed it themselves.

Source:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=54949

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you guys/girls read this wrong? The game is still coming out. It just might be delayed. Then again, this little news may just be talking about the Europe version which was already confirmed for 2009. The game is NOT canceled.

There's always the possibility that this is some sort of hoax or typo. I just wanted to post this as it seemed like legitimate news.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Did you guys/girls read this wrong? The game is still coming out. It just might be delayed. Then again, this little news may just be talking about the Europe version which was already confirmed for 2009. The game is NOT canceled.

There's always the possibility that this is some sort of hoax or typo. I just wanted to post this as it seemed like legitimate news.

I do not think any of us thought it was canceled. Everyone is just bummed out because we love the game and wanted out for X-mas.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bangbanger said:
granville said:

I do not think any of us thought it was canceled. Everyone is just bummed out because we love the game and wanted out for X-mas.
It seemed like everyone was "giving up" on the game there. And there's still the possibility that this was just a big mistake or intended for the Europe version. We'll probably get the Japanese version before Christmas at least.

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Odd. Why would a game that's already been made and has already been translated into English be delayed? Seems about as straightforward as game development can get.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Perseid said:
Odd. Why would a game that's already been made and has already been translated into English be delayed? Seems about as straightforward as game development can get.
Not really as there is a new game play mode (2 screen thing) and the original SNES "mode". As well as at least 1 new dungeon, hopefully more then just 1 dungeon. And maybe even a new era or two and some new characters ( as for the new eras and characters that is just hope on my part). But at least 1 new dungeon was promised us. So thinking all they have to do is throw it in a converter and they can start printing off copies of the game is well... yea.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perseid said:
Did you not hear about the new features:

-multiple new dungeons
-multiplayer arena mode
-retooling of the game to use both screens
-features the anime videos from the PS1 version (although this wouldn't be hard or time consuming)
-new translation for the English versions (the Japanese version remains the same. I compared a scene from the SNES one)

The thing that might determine the delay for the US is the new translation. Usually though, game companies choose to delay a game not for development purposes, but to build up hype.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
If there is a delay, it may not be for technical reasons. Perhaps they just think that this game can't compete in the holiday market? I for one, have probably 7 console games coming out between September and December, as I'm sure many of you do. For most people an enhanced Chrono Trigger port wouldn't be a huge priority when they could be buying games like Fallout 3, Last Remnant, Fable II, or Star Wars: Force Unleashed. I'm one in a million in that I consider CTDS to be one of my most anticipated games for the year, but most people likely don't put a port (no matter what game it may be) above the slew of new titles arriving this holiday.

Also, it's not confirmed that there is a delay yet, so no need for everyone to be getting bummed out (though, I can very much understand why you would be). It's as Miyamoto says, a delay can only make the game better. It gives them more time to polish the final product. And if it is delayed until early 2009, well, that'll be a little easier on my pocketbook this winter, regardless of how much I crave the game.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well, It was only a matter of time.

All I can say is told ya so!
I'm ok with the releases coming in that period. So it will keep me occupied when nintendo starts releasing only shovelware again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/_pJZQEANQU4?si=3i2w--qD8HBaLqy5 +1