Hacking Christmas help wii u hack disk update requests

Danbruski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Setting: Christmas Eve. Kids opened hacked (loadiine, vWii hack) wii u and Skylanders Suoerchargers and NintendoLand disks. Dad puts in disks and is required to "update" to play. Yikes. I said no, but now can't play. I'm on 5.3.2 and spoofed to 5.5 I think it is.

Games play fine off SD using loadiine, but help out a dad on Chrustmas and let me know what I need to do to play game disks. I apologize for not spending time googling and searching this forum but doing so at Christmas Eve dinner is frowned upon.

Thanks for the help!

Danbruski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: turned off wifi (misnamed ssid) and I could cancel my way through to play NintendoLand disk. What's the right fix for this "preparing update" when playing via disk since I use wifi to get online for the loadiine hack.

Danbruski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Jeebs for the reply. I thought that was to update games in the SD card. I see the part about disk games now. I'm just starting this mod process and haven't used it much, so I hope I can follow the instructions and know how to load the kernel. Thanks again.

Danbruski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the NUS Grabber and WUP Installer to sucessfully update Nintendo Land. Howeer, I only see the EUR version of Skylanders SuperChargers listed in NUS Grabber v1.7. Anyone know if there's a USA version or we should use the EUR version?

sanec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your using the GUI version of nus grabber.

Try using the command line tool. To start the command line, go to run and type cmd.exe. Download the tool from http://wupinstaller.com with the appropriate dll and install directly to your C drive to make navigating easier later on.

You're gonna want to look for your title number here http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database.
According to the database the usa number is 00050000-101B8500.

Next go to command prompt in windows. Type "cd C:\NUSGrabber" (no quotes) and hit enter. Your command prompt should now start with C:\NUSGrabber: with the blinking line at the end.

Now you're ready to download the update. Type "NUSgrabber.exe 0005000E101B8500" (no quotes).
Notice I changed the fourth zero to E in the second set of zeroes from the title number. You must do this for all game updates.

Your update should download.

I won't go into using wup installer since you said you were able to update Nintendoland. Hope this helps.

Last edited by sanec,

Danbruski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You rock. Thanks Sanec. Sorry forum for the double thread.
I'll share my experience for the sake of the next guy:
I wasn't sure what exactly to do and the tutorials I found discussed using decrypters and hex editors which didn't sound like what Sanec was getting at.
I also tried and failed to run the NUSgrabber.exe, but at was because I didn't read close enough and I downloaded and installed the 64 bit Visual C++ instead of the 32, like the instructions at the site linked by Sanec (http://wupinstaller.com) said.
After doing that, i also wasn't sure what "install to C drive" exactly meant, but I just moved the Nusgrabber.exe, the DLL file (vcruntime140.dll) as well as the wget.exe file to the root of the C drive. I should probably put it in a folder, which I think is what Sanec was alluding to...making a folder called "NUSGrabber" and "Change Directory" cd to that spot... but it works fine in the root. I typed in the command just like Sanec and the tutorial said and it's currently downloading.

I'll move it to my SD card and do the WUP Installer work next.

Thanks again !!

Reactions: sanec

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: