Hacking Choosing between these 3 MicroSD's for the Cyclo Im getting.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Transcend Class 6 is my favorite - I have several.
I tried a Kingston Class 4, it is OK, but not as fast.
I would not buy an A-Data.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nick944 said:
What is wrong with Adata? I use an Adata with mine, absolutely no problems. BTW here is an Adata 4GB class 6 for a dollar cheaper http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820211196
It has horrible quality control. If you search through this forum, you'll see that many people have had problems with this card. Its rating on newegg.com isn't all that great either.

nick944

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
nick944 said:
What is wrong with Adata? I use an Adata with mine, absolutely no problems. BTW here is an Adata 4GB class 6 for a dollar cheaper http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820211196
It has horrible quality control. If you search through this forum, you'll see that many people have had problems with this card. Its rating on newegg.com isn't all that great either.
Really? I'm seeing 4 out of 5 eggs on newegg, not sure what you are looking at. I've never heard or seen anything bad about the Adata card (other than a 4-5 second loading of the in game menu) most anything that I've seen was a problem with the person using it not the card itself.

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
nick944 said:
Really? I'm seeing 4 out of 5 eggs on newegg, not sure what you are looking at. I've never heard or seen anything bad about the Adata card (other than a 4-5 second loading of the in game menu) most anything that I've seen was a problem with the person using it not the card itself.

This. It's one of the main gripes people have with it. If you use Enhanced menu features a lot (and you should be, otherwise why would you be using a CycloDS? Other than the support and GUI and blah) it's utterly frustrating having to wait up to that long until it loads up. Take RTS for example, you RTS, go back into the game and die, then want to RTL. This can take up to 10 seconds (if not more) and depending on the game you might be doing this quite often.

IMO the only reason people went with the Adata was because it was one of the first 4GB microSDHC Class 6 out, and relatively cheap too. People jumped on the bandwagon and are still doing it, even though there are comparable/better cards out there.
hate2.gif

Anyway, i've heard good things about the transcend. I'm using a 4GB kingston JPN, though no idea if the one you'll get will be made in Japan or Taiwan, don't think it matters however, haven't seen many problem reported.

nick944

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sticks said:
nick944 said:

This. It's one of the main gripes people have with it. If you use Enhanced menu features a lot (and you should be, otherwise why would you be using a CycloDS? Other than the support and GUI and blah) it's utterly frustrating having to wait up to that long until it loads up. Take RTS for example, you RTS, go back into the game and die, then want to RTL. This can take up to 10 seconds (if not more) and depending on the game you might be doing this quite often.
Really it's a matter of are you patient or are you not patient. Though if there is a card for the same price, yeah go with the other brand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr