Homebrew Question ChoiDujourNX - Cannot boot the Switch without CFW

Sergi8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,

I had my Switch on 9.0.1 and wanted to upgrade to 11.0.1 since some games didn't load.
To do so, I used "ChoiDujour" with the Firmware 11.0.1
My SD Card is FAT32
During the installation, when asked, I chose exFat (since I read online that it was the same, and all the guides suggested to use that one)
Now I'm stuck.

My Switch doesn't boot into the original system, but only with the SD Card inserted and with Atmosphere 0.18.0
My problem is that, except for this, it doesn't even work when booted (show a Warning Message that the SD Card cannot be read, and it's suggested to remove it and reinsert it)
If I remove the SD Card I get an error from Atmosphere 2002-2034 and nothing else.

Any help?
Thanks

P.S. I noticed that the Switch is always running with AutoRCM (didn't even try once to enable it)
What is happening? Can somebody help?
Appreciate it

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
everybody suggests not to use exfat

get a second sd card, fat32
install atmosphere
put firmware on it
use daybreak to update, choose fat32

now your original sd card should work again

Last edited by mrgone,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everybody suggests not to use exfat
People suggest to choose the exFAT option when updating firmware but still only format the microSD card as FAT32. The only difference between the 2 options is that the FAT32 option doesn't install the exFAT drivers. A FAT32 formatted microSD should work regardless. My sysNAND has the exFAT drivers installed and I have no issues with FAT32 formatted microSD cards.

Last edited by ccfman2004,
Reactions: Sergi8

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
People suggest to choose the exFAT option when updating firmware but still only format the microSD card as FAT32. The only difference between the 2 options is that the FAT32 option doesn't install the exFAT drivers. A FAT32 formatted microSD should work regardless. My sysNAND has the exFAT drivers installed and I have no issues with FAT32 formatted microSD cards.

my fat32 card did NOT work if an exfat firmware was installed
the switch suggested formatting the card

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
my fat32 card did NOT work if an exfat firmware was installed
the switch suggested formatting the card
You're completely wrong.
Exfat variant of update adds exfat driver additionally. It cannot affect fat32 driver except if your update was broken.

First of all - don't use fricking ChoiDojourNX. It was told thousands of times here. Use Daybreak.

Do you have any backup? You should restore it and use Daybreak to update it.

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: Sergi8 and 1basti1

Sergi8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
UPDATE
Thanks everybody for the help
I managed to fix this tonight (and was too tired to come back here and write about this)
Below step-by-step what did the trick for me:

So, as many other said, ChoiDujourNX enabled by default AutoRCM (wasn't mentioned in the guide I followed)
And AutoRCM somehow screwed up my Switch (that was not reading my SD Card properly)
Plus, Atmosphere 0.18.0 is actually NOT supported (as far as I know, last one working is 0.16.2, which I'm on right now)
To FIX all of the issues, I did the following:

1) Downloaded Hekate 4.2 from Github
2) Installed Hekate on the MicroSD
3) Injected the payload and then:
- Tools
- AutoRCM (it was ENABLED, I disabled it)

4) Made a backup of my SD Card (everything EXCEPT for the Nintendo folder, since I was not going to delete that, but you can backup this too, as it contains "everything" -> games etc.)
5) Deleted everything except for the Nintendo folder (and the Firmware 11.0.1 folder I already had in when I used ChoiDujourNX to update)
6) Downloaded Atmosphere 0.16.2 and put everything on the SD Card
7) Added "ChoiDujourNX.nro" under the "switch" folder on the SD Card
8) Run the payload on the Switch, and then from the "Applet menu" (I don't know the name, the one you enter by holding "R" + "Click on app)
9) Clicked on ChoiDujourNX and made the installation with the "non exFat" version (even tho I'm pretty sure this didn't make any difference, but instead the "AutoRCM" did screw things up)
10) Repeated the steps from 1 to 3
11) Re-run Atmosphere 0.16.2
12) Done (now, eventually, the folders/files deletet can be reinserted on the SD Card)

Thanks again everybody!

Last edited by Sergi8,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr