Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Few weeks ago of 16 GB Mem Stick Duo (San Disk) which was bought in June got corrupted, wouldn't reformat, sent it back to Amazon . . . .

For a replacement I've been suggested to get a PhotoFast CR-5400 Dual-Slot SDHC MicroSD/TF to MS Pro Duo Adapter, which of these types: MicroSD Transflash SD/SDHC should be most reliable and NOT get corrupted? By the Way, it WON'T be from Amazon but from Newegg this time.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Use a proper MSPD. Micro SD to MSPD adaptors have a horrible hit and miss reputation. Alternatively get an M2 card with a MSPD adaptor which are pretty reasonable cost wise and has magicgate support.

I actually do own a Phototfast, a MSPD and an M2 adaptor.

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PSP 3000 not a Go. 16 GB SDHC or so is far far cheaper than a M2. And this computer does have a multi-card reader although not one that reads M2.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A 3K can use an M2 car via an adaptor like this, there's also an official Sony M2 to MSPD adaptor. From what I've seen on the net and my persona experience they work really well. I've just looked on Amazon and the price difference between M2 and Micro SD is only a few bucks. You said you want reliability so forget about the Micro SD adaptor. The Photofast has so many hit and miss user reviews it shouldn't be regarded as an viable option.

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also want size if possible . . . a 8 GB is too small for what I had on the 16 that screwed up.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just order this today:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/designer-s-me...card-32gb-93075

I'm not gonna screw around with adapters......unless that above card ends up being a fail. I'm not worried about a few seconds difference in load times, I just want lots of space. I read somewhere that these "Designer's Memory Stick PRO Duo MS Cards" are just rebranded Sony cards....don't know if that's true, but as long as it works, I'll be happy.

I currently have a 4GB and an 8GB and they are just not enough. Maybe I could use them for special purpose things like emus or whatever (I'm thinking SNES/Genesis, etc. for the 4GB, PS1 for the 8GB), but not the main PSP-game card. I'm thinking of trying to make my own form of UMEMD (Google it, if you don't know what that is) so I can stash my spare cards in the UMD door....or something. It's not like I'm ever going to use any UMD anythings.

Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to corrupt you gamecard? Do you know? Was it a bogus card or a bogus homebrew or like...you shut off the game in the middle of a save, or what?

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea, from June 8th (or so) when I got it to about a week 1/2 (or 2) ago it worked fine, speeds seemed normal nothing strange that I could tell than suddenly it couldn't get read at all or formatted. Also I have a 3000 with (at the time) atlest 6.39 or so). I have not and probably never will hack the system unless I found some use in the homebrew apps.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder, i have a horrible feeling you're not going to be happy with that stick....keep us updated on how it performs (and possibly post a PSXReality MS Speed test result)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"designer" on dx is just a fancy word for fake, knockoff, ect...
if it was real they would say and charge you an arm and leg for it

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Rayer - When you get the stick take a shot of the packaging. Also (if you can) put two sticks (the one you ordered) and a different one [if you have one] on one another and take a shot. See if they are actually about the same size (as they should be).

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got the email that the card has shipped today. Will test and report speeds when I get it.

Here's the results of my current 8GB card...it's a Sony HG Pro Duo.....
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:183]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:182]

Apparently, my 8GB is pretty quick. We'll see how the 32GB compares once I receive it. I'm thinking that as long as it works, I'll be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.