Homebrew CHMM - Custom HomeMenu Manager

kaiju1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there supposed to be no .smdh file in the download for 1.5? just curious.
also 1.5 and 1.2 both seem to crash on a red lower screen for me using tubehax. is this a known bug or is it something with my system? running 9.9.0-26U on an original 3DS if it helps

Reactions: rlink247

rlink247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any way to make CHMM to show a preview for both screens?

All the themes I have came with a preview like this one:

wQV0Ebt.png

But on CHMM it only shows me the preview of the Top Screen.

rlink247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If the preview it's taken using the screenshot function on the 3ds (Y + -> on the Main Menu) The Preview on CHMM appears on both screens and the picture it's like this:

a1pQBUf.png

Now I just have to do this on all on my themes... (I will try to find other way, I have more than 100 themes on the 3ds and I'm not in the mood to do one-by-one)

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just thought I'd point out an issue, whenever I attempt to install a theme with another custom theme installed it doesn't let me. It gives me this message;
Error: [string "?"]:91: error writing file
Is there a possible work around to this issue?

rlink247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just thought I'd point out an issue, whenever I attempt to install a theme with another custom theme installed it doesn't let me. It gives me this message;
Error: [string "?"]:91: error writing file
Is there a possible work around to this issue?

You have to apply the White Theme (No Theme) first (on the 3ds theme menu), and then apply the custom theme with CHMM

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You have to apply the White Theme (No Theme) first (on the 3ds theme menu), and then apply the custom theme with CHMM
Applied the default theme then installed a custom theme and it worked fine. But if I go back into CHMM I can't apply another theme.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just a theory, but it might be because the custom theme you are trying to overwrite has a bgm. That is when it happens for me anyways.
So if my themes don't have any background music I should be able to change them correct?

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Applied the default theme then installed a custom theme and it worked fine. But if I go back into CHMM I can't apply another theme.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So if my themes don't have any background music I should be able to change them correct?
Your theme will apply correctly even with background music.
You just have to switch it to a normal theme before going back in CHMM to change it.

Lunastras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Your theme will apply correctly even with background music.
You just have to switch it to a normal theme before going back in CHMM to change it.
Done, and jesus fucking christ was I scared af, I ironically downloaded a hentai theme because why not, it's not going to work anyway right? Apparently that's when my themes decided to work, I think I should've tried multiple themes before coming here, but thanks a lot still.

Reactions: puss2puss

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
im using N3DS XL 9.0E.
i've placed all the files as mentioned in OP and currently using Tubehax to launch in homebrew launcher.

I couldnt get CHMM (1.5) to launch on homebrew launcher. It will just stay black screen. Ive updated to the latest posted boot.3dsx from smealum twitter,
Is this a common known problem?

CHMM launch fine as a CIA for me (both in sysnand n emunand). I just want to able to launch it via homebrew launcher, easier to change theme while in sysnand

DeiStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm getting 91 errors, too. It worked the first time for a theme but now I just keep getting errors when trying to install a new theme. Switched to no theme and everything

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im using N3DS XL 9.0E.
i've placed all the files as mentioned in OP and currently using Tubehax to launch in homebrew launcher.

I couldnt get CHMM (1.5) to launch on homebrew launcher. It will just stay black screen. Ive updated to the latest posted boot.3dsx from smealum twitter,
Is this a common known problem?

CHMM launch fine as a CIA for me (both in sysnand n emunand). I just want to able to launch it via homebrew launcher, easier to change theme while in sysnand
Make sure your 'themes' folder is on the root of your sd.

I'm getting 91 errors, too. It worked the first time for a theme but now I just keep getting errors when trying to install a new theme. Switched to no theme and everything

Before switching themes, make sure to always choose a normal theme before going into CHMM. (what i mean by normal themes, is the themes that comes with the console, the plain color..)

Reactions: SomeGamer

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So after I've made an exe to auto-place Sunshell files, I got requests to make it for other apps too.
My next target would be CHMM, because it's also a popular software and would make themeing easier for newcomers. It would include the 3dsx, the smdh and some sample themes for people to understand CHMM's filesystem better. So I have some questions.
Do you want it?
@Rinnegatamante , am I allowed to do this?
What should be the sample theme?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
So after I've made an exe to auto-place Sunshell files, I got requests to make it for other apps too.
My next target would be CHMM, because it's also a popular software and would make themeing easier for newcomers. It would include the 3dsx, the smdh and some sample themes for people to understand CHMM's filesystem better. So I have some questions.
Do you want it?
@Rinnegatamante , am I allowed to do this?
What should be the sample theme?

Differently to Sunshell, CHMM will soon receive an update which will simplify also the installation process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: