Hacking Chipped Wii Update Help

khy86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am having problems with my modded wii. I am using a flatmod chip inside my pal wii which is running 3.4E, with no softmods. I am able to play some games however the latest ones do not work e.g. NFSU and EA sports active.

I emailed the flatmod team but they were not helpful at all. When i run the newer games it just goes to a blank screen and the wii freezes, guess its the #002 error or something from what ive read. I have used brickblocker to remove the update however, it still does the same thing as well as changing the config on my modchip.
hate2.gif

The only advice ive received from flatmod team is to get a copy of NFSU pal version and run the update from the menu when the game asks for it, however i am worried about bricking my wii doing this. I have read so many different conflicting stories on the net and do not know what to do...i have previously installed homebrew and have since restored to factory settings, however i've read could still be in the NAND which causes bricking.
wacko.gif

I really wish i bought a pre-chipped wii now as this is harder than i first thought...any advice please.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
if i remember rightly NFSU does not update your wii it just updates your ios then the game should work fine, but if your that bothered you will have to run wad manager and manually install install the necessary ios

ps

a chipped wii would still need the same update,

pps

if none of this makes any sence to you and your still lost, try patching your iso's to a different ios with wanin's iosPatcher it will tell you what ios the game runs off and allow you to change it to one you already have

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1