Gaming Chinatown Wars is coming to the PSP

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
Brian117 said:
It comes out the 23rd guys. So add an extra day and the 24th it should be dumped.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTA_Chinatown_Wars

Nope. 20th.

Anyway, I can't wait.

Ohhhhh! That is even better
biggrin.gif

Gamespot needs to change the date they have up then. It says the 23rd.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Lol, so they think just because they lost sales due to pirating on Nintendo systems, they're going to make it for PSP? Which also has pirating? What the hell?

I swear to God, if Rockstar Games cry about the sales on the PSP version, I will blow my brains out.
Have you seen the stupid ratio of people who own a ds to people who own a psp? Lot's more stupid people own a psp. There is piracy on the psp, but you can't compare it to piracy on the ds.

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no loss to the DS at all, the game is a 2d game meant for DS, upscaling it to a PSP is going to look like crap.

More than half of the game's fun factor is the touchscreen, which doesn't even exist on the PSP, so fail again...

I wonder how they will do the GPS thing which worked out on the DS on a PSP?

Either way, I can't imagine it being half as good as it was on the DS...

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
justinefremlouw said:
There's no loss to the DS at all, the game is a 2d game meant for DS, upscaling it to a PSP is going to look like crap.

More than half of the game's fun factor is the touchscreen, which doesn't even exist on the PSP, so fail again...

This game is a good deal of reason I picked up a PSP Go. It defiantly should be pretty good. I really enjoyed Chinatown wars, My seconds favorite GTA game of all time, so if its even half as fun, It'll be worth it. But it defiantly looks like it could be better too me at least.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
justinefremlouw said:
They've reworked the graphics, and I think it's true widescreen.
Man those scratchcards were so damn fun! Not to mention the molotov making minigame!
dunno, the same way GTA IV did a gps with only one screen?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, seriously though, anyone know when this will be released on PSN? Same day? 5am? 5pm? I just want to get an idea and I don't know how new releases work when not on UMD.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
justinefremlouw said:

Default GPS on DS was absolutely terrible. If I've got 4 stars in a car I need to keep in good condition, why would I want to look down away from the action? That's why they included an option to draw arrows on the actual roads, I hope the PSP version has that option too.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this game going to be the exact same game (same storyline, vehicles etc) as the DS version? If yes I don't think I'm gonna play it.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure on all of the facts. Some of them are going to be surprises
biggrin.gif
But its basically the same game, with better graphics and lighting. More missions, More and improved quality to the radio stations. Things I would guess are more vehicles, possibly bigger map like GTA IV uhhh idk, those last ones are just guesses but I think its defiantly worth buying again since I would replay the DS version anyway.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Bleh, I'm kinda tired of GTA games, but I'll give this one a shot for the lulz. And I bet that this game would need 5.55 or something.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
inferleon said:
This thing will totally pwn the one on the DS...
The one on the DS has the worst graphics.
mad.gif

Are you kidding? It had great graphics for the DS. They have to choose art styles and general things about DS games to make them look good on the hardware and they made some very wise choices. It would almost make more since to say the game has worse graphics on PSP because the PSP can handle much more but since its just a cool art style you cant really call them bad graphics in any situation.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy Shit its out now!

Arrr using media go to download but its still taking long as hell.

333 MB of 527

Well, its pretty great so far but they did not have the PSP Go in mind apparently because to center the camera, you must press the up button on the dpad which is incredibly awkward on the Go. This is a pretty big problem because centering the camera is something I do every few seconds. Maybe I can change the controls.

Wait, L doesnt do anything on foot, that should be center camera! not up and its not changeable. Wtf were they thinking.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Probably that console/handheld games get away without customizable settings all the time. Non PC gamers have very low standards for these things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1