OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
If You're Religious:

The chicken came first. God created all CREATURES, not eggs. You lot should know better.

If you you believe in the theory of evolution (or science in general):

The Egg came first. Quite clearly, the chicken we have known today wouldn't become the chicken while it's pre-evolutionary form was alive, therefore it would of evolved into the chicken while inside the egg.

If you believe in the theory of evolution, but insist on "In order for it to be a chicken egg, it must come from a chicken":

Then the chicken came first. It's simply one step on from the answer above. The pre-evolved form gave birth to the egg, which out came the chicken, and then the chicken laid the egg.

THERE. Solved. Whether you believe god invented all creatures from the get go or they evolved into what we are today is your business, I'm just giving you the answers all the while being in the context of your various beliefs.

I win.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

The Egg came first. Quite clearly, the chicken we have known today wouldn't become the chicken while it's pre-evolutionary form was alive, therefore it would of evolved into the chicken while inside the egg.
I always imagined what that event must have looked like. Two proud proto-chicken parents waiting for the egg to hatch, and out comes this weird yellow thing.

"This is all your fault! This kind of thing never happened on my side of the family!"
"Oh, pin all the blame on me, will you! I told you you shouldn't have smoked so much while you were sitting on it!
"Oh, oh, blaming me, are we? How do you know it wasn't all that LSD you ate while in college?"
"It was recreational! They said it wouldn't have side effects!"
"Well, no matter. What are we going to do?"
"What can we do? Hope he grows out of it? Like in "Ugly proto-duckling." We can't just lock it in the cellar. like what your family did with your cousin George, that's all I'm saying."
"I heard that! And George is just... a bit... special! Not... this!"

both turn to the chick:
"Don't worry, son, we love you just the way you are."

"I still think it was the smoking."

laugh.gif

Quantum

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

If you believe in the theory of evolution, but insist on "In order for it to be a chicken egg, it must come from a chicken":

Then the chicken came first. It's simply one step on from the answer above. The pre-evolved form gave birth to the egg, which out came the chicken, and then the chicken laid the egg.

THERE. Solved. Whether you believe god invented all creatures from the get go or they evolved into what we are today is your business, I'm just giving you the answers all the while being in the context of your various beliefs.

I win.

Actually, the way evolution works says that the egg must have come first, regardless. Change (and speciation) does not occur in the individual. The first chicken came from recombination of genes of two almost-chickens (and probably some mutations). So when these two almost-chickens had their gametes fused, out popped the very first chicken egg, from which the chicken hatched. Basically, a chicken must come from a chicken egg, but a chicken egg could arise from two non-chicken parents provided that the right chicken genes went into it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just like to point out DNA changes during life, it would take a large leap (and a damn improbable one) to go from proto chicken to chicken but still.

memyselfandi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I always imagined what that event must have looked like. Two proud proto-chicken parents waiting for the egg to hatch, and out comes this weird yellow thing.

"This is all your fault! This kind of thing never happened on my side of the family!"
"Oh, pin all the blame on me, will you! I told you you shouldn't have smoked so much while you were sitting on it!
"Oh, oh, blaming me, are we? How do you know it wasn't all that LSD you ate while in college?"
"It was recreational! They said it wouldn't have side effects!"
"Well, no matter. What are we going to do?"
"What can we do? Hope he grows out of it? Like in "Ugly proto-duckling." We can't just lock it in the cellar. like what your family did with your cousin George, that's all I'm saying."
"I heard that! And George is just... a bit... special! Not... this!"

both turn to the chick:
"Don't worry, son, we love you just the way you are."

"I still think it was the smoking."

laugh.gif

dude... i bet u spent like 20 minutes on this and it didnt turn out to be funny... i'm sorry :/

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, I know...

It was better the first time I told it, but I just couldn't remember how it went.

It was probably much shorter, though
unsure.gif

Oh well
nyanya.gif

EDIT: Found it!

QUOTE said:
I can just about imagine the scene when the egg finally hatched.

"This is your fault. This sort of thing never happened on my side of the family."
"Oh, really? What about your cousin Apteryx?"
"He just had a body feather problem!"
"Ha!"

Yep. Much shorter. Man, I suck
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...